aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

Anything by Almodovar!

With you on this. I bought a Almodovar boxset for about 20 from HMV last year, worth every penny.

Films I've watched recently -

Monsters vs Aliens - I thought it was really good, but a wee bit long and not enough Monsters vs Aliens.

Also watched a heap of rubbish over Easter weekend including - High School Musical 2, 13 Going on 30, Annie and Cheaper by the Dozen 2.

Also watched Little Miss Sunshine for the first time and really enjoyed it. Nice little film.

Eraserhead, still a total headf**k after all these years.

Grizzly Man again, still amazing, regardless of how you view Timothy Treadwell's methods and so on, his footage is amazing.

The Devil and Daniel Johnston. I really enjoyed this. Sonic Youth came off as total arseholes - 'Oh let's get this wacky mental dude to New York and record him and stuff, it's show how hip and on the money we still are.oh shit the guy is flipping out, get him back on a bus, I'm having nothing else to do with this!' basically wanted to let a manic depressive having a bad turn hop back on a bus on his own.dicks.

Watched 'Things to do in Denver when you're dead' today for the first time.

Wish I hadn't. Pretty rubbish.

Yep, a 3rd-rate Pulp Fiction clone with some truly rubbish characters and the shitest hit-man in movie history.

Treat Williams "Critical Bill" was fun to watch though.

I watched "Catch Me If You Can" last night - very entertaining.

Guest treader.
I watched Band of Brothers for the first time, which, whilst not a film, was fucking ace and probably better than most/any films I've watched recently.

Yes, holy fuck, yes. I can honestly say that Band Of Brothers is my favourite thing that has ever been on TV ever.

I want to watch it again...now.

Watched Mr Woodcock last night. Seriously, what a crock of shit. Not even Seann William Scott's beautiful face could save this. Dull, not even funny, rubbish characters and shitty story.

I thought it was funny, but I'm a big Billy Bob Thornton fan (scared to listen to THAT clip in case it puts me off him).

All this Band of Brothers chat has fired me up! It is long overdue a re-visit. Awesome series which had me hooked from start to finish. Truly, between that and The Wire (and some BSG), I don't really need anymore TV.

Last film I saw was "Inglorious Bastards" the 70's B-Movie which was the inspiration behind Tarantino's new WWII flick. Had Bo Svenson (the bad guy from Speed 2) and Fred Williamson in it. Very, very enjoyable for all the wrong reasons.

In one scene, someone chucks a grenade and one of the nazi bad guys appears to launch into space after it explodes. By the end characters just disappear without any notice.

In the Phillipines, it was released as "The Dirty Bastard". Good. Times.

Anyone seen the preview for "Inglourious Basterds" (ie Tarantino version). Thoughts? I think it's got potential.

All this Band of Brothers chat has fired me up! It is long overdue a re-visit. Awesome series which had me hooked from start to finish. Truly, between that and The Wire (and some BSG), I don't really need anymore TV.

Last film I saw was "Inglorious Bastards" the 70's B-Movie which was the inspiration behind Tarantino's new WWII flick. Had Bo Svenson (the bad guy from Speed 2) and Fred Williamson in it. Very, very enjoyable for all the wrong reasons.

In one scene, someone chucks a grenade and one of the nazi bad guys appears to launch into space after it explodes. By the end characters just disappear without any notice.

In the Phillipines, it was released as "The Dirty Bastard". Good. Times.

Anyone seen the preview for "Inglourious Basterds" (ie Tarantino version). Thoughts? I think it's got potential.

I am a HUGE Tarantino fanboy, I can quote pretty much all of his movies word for word! But for some reason I'm just not at all excited about Inglourious Basterds. Maybe it's cos I don't like war movies, or that the plot just doesn't sound interesting. I don't really fancy Tarantino doing a "historical" film as his films are always so littered with modern pop culture references which is just one of the QT trademarks he won't be able to do. Plus the prospect of seeing Mike Myers in a "serious" acting role just fills me with dread.

In saying that I'm sure I'll still be there on opening night.

I am a HUGE Tarantino fanboy, I can quote pretty much all of his movies word for word! But for some reason I'm just not at all excited about Inglourious Basterds. Maybe it's cos I don't like war movies, or that the plot just doesn't sound interesting. I don't really fancy Tarantino doing a "historical" film as his films are always so littered with modern pop culture references which is just one of the QT trademarks he won't be able to do. Plus the prospect of seeing Mike Myers in a "serious" acting role just fills me with dread.

In saying that I'm sure I'll still be there on opening night.

I've been transferring old video tapes to DVD recently, and one of them was an old Omnibus profile of Tarantino. I think it's from 94, right before Pulp Fiction came out and he went REALLY big. The interview is shot in what appears to be his (fairly small) apartment in Hollywood and he pulls out some of his favourite movies on Laserdisc(!). One of them in Where Eagles Dare and he says "Where Eagles dare is my all time favourite 'guys on a mission' movie. Some day I'm going to do a 'guys on a mission movie'". So I guess he's finally doing it.

I think this is still gonna most of the usual Tarantino stylings and he'll throw historical accuracy out of the window a little. It'll be a like an adult GI Joe/Commando Comics WWII flick. Brad Pitt makes that pretty clear in the trailer where he spouts that his men have one job to do: Kill Nazis. If it isn't overly overly hammy, it should be worth a look.

I thought it was funny, but I'm a big Billy Bob Thornton fan (scared to listen to THAT clip in case it puts me off him).

I'm a big fan too (although even he couldn't save that film). The clip just made me like him even more.

Regarding Tarantino's war film, 'Kelly's Heroes' is ace despite featuring Donald Sutherland as a hippy some 20 years before they were invented so who cares about historical accuracy. Blow shit up with snappy dialogue that's my opinion.

You can also get 'Band of Brothers' for 9.99 on Play.com the now. I paid 17.99 a few months ago on the same site. haven't watched it yet though.