aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

I watched Drillbit Taylor last night, which I was warned was a heap of shit, but I actually found it really funny. Pretty juvenile humour, but without having to resort to crudeness. It was really a film about the friendship between the two main characters, more than about the bodyguard. Good for a chuckle.

Thumbs up :up:

Vicky Cristina Barcelona.

Overall very disappointing. I'm a big Woody fan (leave it) but I didn't think much of this at all. Ms Cruz was very good however and deserves her Oscar.

I enjoyed it....but agree he's not back on top form yet....it was miles better than some of his other recent ones though.

Will be watching Manhunter for the umpteenth time later tonight.:popcorn:

Pathfinder- Looked great, premise was ok though a tad unbelievable, but it wasn't really much cop. The acting was no better than a made for TV movie. Some of the scenery was gorgeous though and the cinematography and imagery were good too. Not bad for 3 .

I have 4 films i haven't seen still to watch: The Orphanage, [REC], Fargo and Adulthood.

Before anyone starts, i don't know why i haven't seen Fargo before. :D

Hard Candy - not what I was expecting, some twists and seeing the peado thing from the other side made it bit different to other movies similar story lines - worth a watch

I saw it when it came out... random cinema pick to prevent essay writing. But from what I remember it was most enjoyable.

I watched 'Girl Next Door' on bbc3 the other night. Absolute tosh.

There Will Be Blood - It was alright, not as good as I was hoping.

Cloverfield - Got bored pretty quickly and didn't really care which characters were dying and surviving.

The Rock - Total classic, love it. Quote-tastic as well!

...and picked up Hot Shots for 2 which I'll watch later this week.

There Will Be Blood - It was alright, not as good as I was hoping.

Cloverfield - Got bored pretty quickly and didn't really care which characters were dying and surviving.

The Rock - Total classic, love it. Quote-tastic as well!

...and picked up Hot Shots for 2 which I'll watch later this week.

I thought there will be blood was a lot better than imagined, the whole power shift throughout the film was pretty well done and it didn't feel like a movie as long as it was

Asylum - pretty ding, looks like a remake of a tartan film...altho not sure it is?? Bunch of folk get done by ghosty from the asylum....whooooooooo

Oh my god [REC] was good! It's short but totally balls to the wall. It is pretty jumpy scares-wise. The acting isn't too bad despite the lack of recognisable talent. Best bit is when the kid goes skeppy and the melee that ensues from that point.

I also watched Adulthood which was fucking cracking. The soundtrack and incidental music was pretty good as well. It's a pretty gritty drama and well worth a watch regardless of whether you've seen Kidulthood or not.

I watched the new Friday the 13th last night. Very enjoyable, much grittier and scarier than the original series. Quite 'slasher by numbers' nothng really original, a lot of horror cliches (I predicted which ones were going to get chopped and which ones were going to survive at the very beginning and got it right, plus I could predict every time Jason was about to jump out - I've seen too many horror movies!). A lot of jumpy bits though, my girlfriend was a nervous wreck by the end. No humour, like there is in a lot of these kinds of slasher pics, usually new and innovative screen deaths are designed to cause a chuckle but this was mostly just brutal slaying. A lot of tits for the sake of tits, which was a common theme in the original movies as well. You can see the film's influences a mile away, but still enjoyable all round.

Thumps up :up:

BTW in linear terms, this one slots in between Friday the 13th part one and Friday the 13th part 2. They do reference Jason's ma going nuts at Camp Crystal Lake but it was 20 years previous.

The International- Pretty good actually. I wasn't sure what to expect because the synopsis i'd read was quite vague but it was well paced and had a decent amount of action in it. Clive Owen, as always, was great. Naomi Watts, less so.

Fargo- Finally got round to watching it and it is as good as folks kept telling me it was. The accents really gripped my shit though :D

Saw The Unborn Last night... not bad, thought it was a bit much for a 15 but still felt it was almost as bad as a cheap US TV series show wannabe thingy... ma-jig

Before that I saw RocknRolla - It was pretending to be something it couldn't portrait, but can't out my finger on it. Never got to see that damn painting which did make it that tiny bit more appealing to me...

Saw The International on Sunday... Wasn't impressed in the slightest. To me it was just another "multinational organisation controls every part of your life" film where only one guy can bring them down... and after the end, you realise it's all fruitless!!!

Loads of cheesy clichd lines and have never really rated Naomi Watts, Clive Owen's OK, but has been pretty much typecast as his 'girtty-man-with-shady-past' guise... Only saving grace was the shoot-up in the Guggenheim museum - which explained why the exhibit was so gash!!

Gran Torino last night. Really good, Walt Kowalksi has to be one of the greatest movie characters of all time! Clint is sublime in it, a role worthy of his acting swansong. The movie isn't perfect, it's cliched in places and some of the supporting actors are terrible, but it's still really good, worth a watch.

Gran Torino last night. Really good, Walt Kowalksi has to be one of the greatest movie characters of all time! Clint is sublime in it, a role worthy of his acting swansong. The movie isn't perfect, it's cliched in places and some of the supporting actors are terrible, but it's still really good, worth a watch.

I thought this was brilliant.

An emotional experience for me, knowing that it was likely to be the last time I would watch a performance from someone who has been my hero since I was a little kid.

Clint couldn't have gone out on a better note. Not only was it a great story well told with an important message, we got the added bonus of seeing Clint kicking ass and taking names as only he can. :up:

Perhaps premature less than 24 hours after seeing it, but I can see Gran Torino ending up in my all time top 10 list.

Oh, and I thought all the supporting actors were fine.