aberdeen-music

Bauhaus - Go Away White

Yes Pete Murphy, Daniel Ash, David J, and Kevin Haskins are back, and with their first new full length in 15 years. For more information visit Welcome to the official Bauhaus website Sadly its release will mark the end of the band. Truly inspirational act, lucky enough to catch 'em when they made it through here in 1983 at the very height of their powers.

I bought the album on Monday, and haven't listened to it all the way through yet - Listened to the first couple of tracks a few times, though, so I suppose that bodes well.

Did anyone follow Pete Murphy's solo career? I only really bought Cascades, which was a great album, but was far too smooth compared to Bauhaus to really be a classic for me. Am scared Go Away White will dissolve into similar the further I get through the album.

Not purchased a copy as yet, but intend to do so Sat. While tracks Black Stone Heart and Saved may lack the intensity of their early output, they are nevertheless none less interesting, and look forward to hearing the album in its entirety.

Regarding following Pete's material post Bauhaus? Fraid I didn't beyond Dali's Car - his all too brief but fine collaborative project with Japan's Mick Karn.