aberdeen-music

S reg Audi A4 for sale (1.8 SE) 1500

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Metallic grey, 18" RS4 alloys, 125bhp with 79k on the clock. All essential maintenance work carried out:

- cambelt & water pump replaced in August 2007

- new front break discs/pads in November 2007

- full service & new front tyres in January 2008

Runs very well and build like a brick shithouse, interior clean & well maintained

HOWEVER

Came off the road on icy christmas eve and did the following damage:

- Dent in front bumper

- Dent in front driver side wing

- Split in driver side wing mirror case (mirror has been replaced)

- Some of the side strips have been damaged and there are scratches along the whole side that was involved in the accident

Although the damage was verified as purely cosmetic, I had a rear spring replaced and steering rack reset at the time to avoid any future problems.

Taxed till July, MOT'd until August.

PRICE - bearing in mind that the car needs a few hundred quid's worth of panel beating BUT considering the amount money that has been spent to ensure that the guts of it were working perfectly & the tax/mot/servicing has been taken care of for the next while, I'm looking for 1500.

Will post pics if there is any interest...

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Could you post some post-damage pics? I like the car and I like the price but I hate bastard garages....

What are you driving now?

Aye I will take some at lunchtime - don't want to deceive anybody about the condition so am definately willing to negotiate a price. I'm still driving the Audi but hoping hoping to sell so that I can buy a Toyota MR2 in time for summer (there's one at the garage that has rather taken my fancy!), the trouble is that most garages dont want the hassle of getting the panels beaten etc so I have been given a rubbish trade-in price. In the meantime I'm going to take it round a few other garages to see if they'd be interested in giving me a better price, so will update this thread if circumstances change.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

I didn't think of them before, but I'm now in a position where I'd like to try and sell the car ASAP so I'm hoping someone with a wee bit of time/money will be able to restore it to its former glory (and value)

Dent Devils (or similar) not able to do anything to those panels or is the damage too much? Might be a cheaper option than the panel beater.

Ehhh...no, a body shop would estimate for a replacement wing, door skin and all the mouldings and door mirror, repairs to bumper, rear door and sill and painting the entire O/S . I would estimate to replace the o/s/front wheel.

About 2500... border line total loss?!?

Why dont you get it repaired through your insurance?

I cant see you selling it for anything like 1500, I paid that for my R plate with no damage.

Guest Neutral

It is a nice car and i'd trust the seller but it is an old model so i cannot take interest

However if it was pre 90s with leather seats then hell yeh i'll, just now i'll stick to my gorgeous 85 panda

Looking for pre 95 saab

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Ehhh...no, a body shop would estimate for a replacement wing, door skin and all the mouldings and door mirror, repairs to bumper, rear door and sill and painting the entire O/S . I would estimate to replace the o/s/front wheel.

About 2500... border line total loss?!?

Why dont you get it repaired through your insurance?

I cant see you selling it for anything like 1500, I paid that for my R plate with no damage.

Not sure where you picked that figure from Graeme but there is not 2500 worth of repairs needed. The garage with the MR2 has offered me 1000 as a trade-in price for a car even without the RS4 wheels which cost me 500 (I still have the original alloys in my folks' shed) and since when did garages give you decent money for cars? Also, can you give a few more details about your 'R plate' and explain the relevance of the price you paid for it?

Not sure where you picked that figure from Graeme

Being an insurance estimator for ten years helped...

The garage with the MR2 has offered me 1000 as a trade-in price for a car

For a damaged repairable A4 on an "s" plate I would bite their hand off.

Note... with a lot of time and patience the damage is repairable (not the mouldings or mirror) but as an insurance company and repairer would have to guarantee their repairs, replacing the wing and door skin would be the way to go.

If I were interested in buying the car I would ask you to get a written estimate from a reputable repairer, it costs nothing and would give potential buyers peace of mind...just a thought.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
My R reg 1.8 audi A4 with 90000 miles cost me less than 1500...how relevent can you get?

The nearest matches I could find on autotrader with SE spec and under 80k on S reg (which weren't damaged) were at least 2500 and all had their original shitty wheels.

The nearest matches I could find on autotrader with SE spec and under 80k on S reg (which weren't damaged) were at least 2500 and all had their original shitty wheels.

Hey...best of luck... get an estimate, I'd love to know if I was close.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
I'd have to agree that the price is a little high...I'd expect to pay 500 at the most and with all the work done get about 1500

I'd expect that you have no fucking clue about the value of this car.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
No, not at all...apart from the fact that I worked for Volkswagen/Audi as a salesman for five years before starting my own used car business which is currently my full time occupation....I'm really clueless...

then that probably explains your desire to rip me off. As i've already explained, i've been offered a grand for a trade-in without the wheels, so what the fuck would be the point in selling it privately for half the price?

A garage will offer you more in a trade in because they build the trade in value of your car into the car they sell you. For instance, they might buy a car for 500, add 1000 to it for trade in values and then add another 1000 or so for profit. In the end you buy a 3k car that would cost you 1500 on the open market.

This is the reason alot of garages give you a grand for your car regardless of what it is...they've already made their profit with the car they're selling you.

As for your alloys, yeh, I'd tell you to keep them too, alloys are ten a penny now a days and selling them for what they're "worth" is alot harder than buying them cheaply

I would only "desire" to "rip you off" if I was interested in your car, which I'm not. Audi A4s R-W reg come along too frequently, alot cheaper and with much fewer bangs ;)

Guest Tam o' Shantie
A garage will offer you more in a trade in because they build the trade in value of your car into the car they sell you. For instance, they might buy a car for 500, add 1000 to it for trade in values and then add another 1000 or so for profit. In the end you buy a 3k car that would cost you 1500 on the open market.

This is the reason alot of garages give you a grand for your car regardless of what it is...they've already made their profit with the car they're selling you.

As for your alloys, yeh, I'd tell you to keep them too, alloys are ten a penny now a days and selling them for what they're "worth" is alot harder than buying them cheaply

I would only "desire" to "rip you off" if I was interested in your car, which I'm not. Audi A4s R-W reg come along too frequently, alot cheaper and with much fewer bangs ;)

I don't really see how your sums add up there, how does 500 + 1000 + 1000 = 3 grand? Also what on earth is your point? I've been offered a grand for trade-in, told by another garage that I'd get 1300 if I put it in the paper and have listed it as 1500 ONO...it's not some ruse to trick some innocent people on this forum into buying a car that is only apparently worth 500 pounds...if that were the case then why would I ever have bought it from a garage in the first place for many times that amount?

Also, I didn't offer you the chance to purchase my alloys so keep your opinions to yourself. These ones weren't 'ten a penny', in fact a penny would have only bought me 0.00008% of one wheel :up:

Guest Neutral
I don't really see how your sums add up there, how does 500 + 1000 + 1000 = 3 grand? Also what on earth is your point? I've been offered a grand for trade-in, told by another garage that I'd get 1300 if I put it in the paper and have listed it as 1500 ONO...it's not some ruse to trick some innocent people on this forum into buying a car that is only apparently worth 500 pounds...if that were the case then why would I ever have bought it from a garage in the first place for many times that amount?

Also, I didn't offer you the chance to purchase my alloys so keep your opinions to yourself. These ones weren't 'ten a penny', in fact a penny would have only bought me 0.00008% of one wheel :up:

Why spend 3200 on wheels? ?(

Guest Tam o' Shantie
You just keep going big man, you obviously know what you're up to, go for it...reach for the sky :up:

Wow, you're so intelligent. Boy, will my face be red when I get at least a thousand pounds for a car I spent 4500 on after taking the advice of someone who is in the exact same profession as you (but obviously has no idea what they're talking about of course).

If only I understood the mechanics and the workings of the garage underworld like you, right? You nosey, patronising cunt.