aberdeen-music

New Nine Inch Nails album released today.

french_disko

What do you get with the $300 one?

"Includes everything in the Deluxe Edition Package, along with an exclusive four-LP 180 gram vinyl set in a fabric slipcase, and two exclusive limited edition Giclee prints in a luxurious package. Limited to 2500 pieces, numbered and signed by Trent Reznor.

Pre-order, to be shipped May 1, 2008. Limit one per customer. INCLUDES immediate download in a variety of digital formats."

Ghosts - Order Options

"Includes everything in the Deluxe Edition Package, along with an exclusive four-LP 180 gram vinyl set in a fabric slipcase, and two exclusive limited edition Giclee prints in a luxurious package. Limited to 2500 pieces, numbered and signed by Trent Reznor.

Pre-order, to be shipped May 1, 2008. Limit one per customer. INCLUDES immediate download in a variety of digital formats."

Ghosts - Order Options

Hahah, limited edition of "only" 2500 pieces. I wonder if there really are people that love NiN so much they would pay 150 quid for all that tat?

Or a lot of NIN super fans out there. I'd imagine that they will be delighted with the limited edition album set.

Shame it's not really about the music and all about paying for purely money-making tat.

What you've got there is two options - the modern, downloadable deal, which is cheap/free and eco friendly - or the old, overpackaged and overcompensated deal where you pay a shedload for unneccesary crap which is just bunged in to create or add "value" where none really exists.

It is hilarious that anyone in their right mind would choose the latter option. It's just evidence of how dumb people are. The same goes for britney spears "super fans" or pink floyd "super fans", they are all just gullible idiots.

Shame it's not really about the music and all about paying for purely money-making tat.

What you've got there is two options - the modern, downloadable deal, which is cheap/free and eco friendly - or the old, overpackaged and overcompensated deal where you pay a shedload for unneccesary crap which is just bunged in to create or add "value" where none really exists.

It is hilarious that anyone in their right mind would choose the latter option. It's just evidence of how dumb people are. The same goes for britney spears "super fans" or pink floyd "super fans", they are all just gullible idiots.

While I agree with some of that, I hate "owning" downloads - much prefer to have a physical CD in my mits, complete with artwork and liner notes (and no, a downloaded, printed off/burnt version is NOT the same). While I wouldn't pay 150 for thata NIN package, I WOULD pay over-the-odds for a similar deal from say, Deftones, Converge or Clutch (not 150 MIND!).