aberdeen-music

omg death metal bmore club music?

Guest Giles Walker

Guest Giles Walker

As anyone who goes to any of my nights (i.e. none of you) knows i play a bit of baltimore club music.

Anyway i just got the new Hollertronix 12" and it has a bunch of heavy metal tunes tunes cut up in a bmore style, the most brutal of them being 18 year old producer Dj Sega's 'Dig'

I could only find it to stream on Pitchfork

I haven't heard of the band the tune has been sampled from (Mudvayne apparently) but this record is mad and i wish i could play this at my nights.

Anyone on here willing to spin this at their night so i can come down and get my mosh on?

Guest Giles Walker
Giles, no-one's going to dance to it. You're entering late-Peel-disappearing-entirely-up-one's-own-arse territory. If I heard that in a club I would think it was a cry for help from the DJ. I fully sympathise, and I personally think it's a decent track, but it's not going to happen in Aberdeen, is it?

Maybe the guys who did the Durt Club (look under "spectacular ignominious failure" in the dictionary for their picture) would have given it a go, but...just...no from those of us trying to make a buck.

I think i made it quite clear that i would never actually play this tune in my post so i don't see the need to suggest that i am disapearing up my own arse.

Also John Peel actually had loads of dj gigs right up the end of his life even releasing a fabric live cd. So i don't see the need to draw that parrallel either. Posting that about the Durt nightclub knowing that they check this message board is a fucking nasty thing to do as well, at least they tried to do something new and interesting.

I posted the link because i thought it was an interesting developement in a scene that i have a casual interest in, not because it now represented what i play.

The reason that there are less and less decent nights is because less and less people are willing to take a risk for the music they love and are just 'trying to make a buck'.

As you get older and more out of touch this attitude will be your downfall Dave.

Guest Giles Walker

Dude don't think that you are anything other than a cheesy pop dj who plays in a scream bar and i won't start thinking i am anything other than a dj struggling to play underground music in a city that is too small for it.

I can't help but feel that you were having a dig at both me and the Durt guys and i don't really think you are in any position to do this. I have never commented on the fact that i don't really think what you do is all that revolutionary as i know you (at least appear to) have a passion for music. We have never had any problem in the past, even though we both do very different things so for you to write something like that does come across like a personal attack.

As for the attitude comment, my attitude has at least taken me out of Aberdeen to dj in other cities.

tbh the song is shite, as is the original mudvayne song, as are mudvayne imo

and Giles did save my life with his scratching skills once, cos it was the only thing that kept me sane after a few too many mushies.

just behind the ears was it?...that gets my cat's back legs going...

• Upvote 1

don't try and out-Peel me, many have tried, all have failed.

move on man, john peel died years ago.

you are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo out of touch......you should think of changing career- i hear the Glennbucket estate is looking for someone that can shoot themselves in the foot with a shot gun.

i'm being humerous.

actually i could learn a lot from two men that play records to other people. I've learnt a lot allready.

That's rubbish! Anyone could cut and splice a Mudvayne song! How come he gets an article in a popular website :(

it's because dave and the other guy are so out of touch, you might see them on as sunday massaging their paunches to the sound of basement jaxx down in union terrace gardens- trying to chat with schoolgirls.

absolutely true.

YRIHF

Why did Remington Blastcap get banned? At least his posts were funny :down:

I really hope that he hasn't been banned for the comments he's made in this thread otherwise it's just going to prove that Stripey was right about Dave all along.

Some of the posts are funny. You guys don't see all the other shit that we delete.

He said he only comes here to get banned so he got his wish.

I really hope that he hasn't been banned for the comments he's made in this thread otherwise it's just going to prove that Stripey was right about Dave all along.

I'd also like to point out that it was me that banned him, not Dave.

Anyway, back to the topic please everyone...