aberdeen-music

[GIG] Caribou (Manitoba) + Born Ruffians (Warp/XL) @ The Tunnels

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for this gig. Andorra was one of my favourite albums last year, and Born Ruffians are definitely ones to watch. They remind me of a modern-day Holy Modal Rounders.

if you are coming along to see Caribou, please try to take a few spares pounds for his fantastic new tour only compilation CD. The last time he played Tunnels he sold stacks of these tour cd's & they proved very popular.

Fucking typical - with Rangers winning last night the SPL schedule has now gone all to fuck & the Dons final game of the season (against the Huns) is now the same night as Caribou!

Any chance of making it a later show??

Erm, nope.

I'm finished with the Dons for the season (after QotS), so not really bothered.

Fucking typical - with Rangers winning last night the SPL schedule has now gone all to fuck & the Dons final game of the season (against the Huns) is now the same night as Caribou!

Any chance of making it a later show??

NOT a remote chance. NO compromise........

I'm glad you didn't say "No Surrender".

FACT

the last time I heard that sung was in season 1984/85 my last time EVER at Pittodrie when Aberdeen played Rangers & the South Stand RACISTS from Aberdeen chucked bananas at Mark Walters & chanted monkey sounds. The stewards just laughed & did nothing.

Never been back, got better things to do, like put on sublime artists like Caribou & SoTL

History lesson over....

ps would you forgo Caribou to see Rangers win the title at Aberdeen?????

just a reminder about this fantastico show & 1up ticket allocation selling quick, now our new posters are about............

last batch of 1UP Caribou tickets went into shop last Saturday, its very gratyfying when a Canadian student walks-up buys a ticket when i'm handing these over & says "can't believe one of my very favourite live bands & from my home city is playing in Aberdeen when i'm here studying & for Caribou who ive heard is fantastic live but I always seem to miss to be playing as well, this must be a dream & a highlight so far of my time in Aberdeen"

once these 1UP tickets have gone:-

ticketweb

or cash door

There's this and the Sons and Daughters gig, and the Aberdeen game (my interest in that coming as a Celtic fan) and it's also the first night of release for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull!

I think I'll go for the Pittodrie/Caribou combo though. Indy will have to wait until the earliest possible showing on the friday.

FACT

the last time I heard that sung was in season 1984/85 my last time EVER at Pittodrie when Aberdeen played Rangers & the South Stand RACISTS from Aberdeen chucked bananas at Mark Walters & chanted monkey sounds. The stewards just laughed & did nothing.

Never been back, got better things to do, like put on sublime artists like Caribou & SoTL

History lesson over....

ps would you forgo Caribou to see Rangers win the title at Aberdeen?????

Actually this ain't a fact as Mark Walters didn't sign for Rangers until season 1987/88. ?( Can't remember Aberdeen fans flinging bananas at Mark, but there were certainly disgusting incidents of this nature at Hearts and Celtic. Even Rangers had some of their own fans banned for racism directed at him. A bleak period for Scottish football.

Getting back on topic, looks good for attending the game at Pittodrie and catching Caribou. I'm sure there will be quite a few of us legging it up King Street to catch the start of this. Just hope I don't get caught up in any 'bother' post match.

Actually this ain't a fact as Mark Walters didn't sign for Rangers until season 1987/88. ?( Can't remember Aberdeen fans flinging bananas at Mark, but there were certainly disgusting incidents of this nature at Hearts and Celtic. Even Rangers had some of their own fans banned for racism directed at him. A bleak period for Scottish football.

Getting back on topic, looks good for attending the game at Pittodrie and catching Caribou. I'm sure there will be quite a few of us legging it up King Street to catch the start of this. Just hope I don't get caught up in any 'bother' post match.

fuxk didn't realise it was that long after Gothenburg & probably just my immagination seeing those objects being thrown & hearing those noises......

anyhow all footy fans will be able to see Caribou providing they can still leg it!!!!!!!!!

From Caribou, some quality festivals their being invited to, a band on top of their game........

NEW FESTIVAL LIVE SHOWS ANNOUNCED.

Weve added some festivals to our schedule this summer. All our currently confirmed dates are below but there are more to come which will be added to the live page and myspace page as shortly.

May 13 Cambridge, England - Barfly *

May 14 Manchester, England - Roadhouse *

May 15 London, England - Scala * #

May 16 Birmingham, England - Barfly

May 17 Coventry, England - Tin Angel *

May 18 Dublin, Republic of Ireland - Whelan's *

May 19 Cork, Republic of Ireland - Crane Lane Theatre *

May 20 Belfast, Northern Ireland - Black Box *

May 21 Edinburgh, Scotland - Cabaret Voltaire *

May 22 Aberdeen, Scotland - The Tunnels *

May 23 Leeds, England - Brudenell Social Club * #

May 24 Bristol, England - Dot to Dot

May 25 Nottingham, England - Dot to Dot

May 29 Barcelona, Spain - Primavera Sound Festival

Jun 06 Madrid, Spain - Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofia

Jun 07 Sevilla, Spain - Territorios Festival

Jun 08 Glastonbury, England - Glastonbury Festival

Jul 18 Ann Arbor, USA The Blind Pig

Jul 19 Chicago, USA - Pitchfork Festival

Jul 23 Nyon, Switzerland - Paleo Festival

Aug 1 Zaragoza, Spain - Expo 2008 Zaragoza

Aug 3 Paredes de Coura, Portugal - Paredes de Coura Festival

Aug 16 Brighton, England - Loop Festival

Aug 17 Glanusk Park, Wales - Greenman Festival

* with Born Ruffians

# with Wildbirds and Peacedrums

I've got an exam the next day

if you get your studying done during the day, have a three hour break between 8pm & 11pm, come see Caribou & BR you will go into your exam in a very upbeat & positive state of mind. Caribou's previous two visits were very noticeable by how many people left the gig with BIG smiles on their faces. Go check this fact by searching Caribou in 2005

ps Caribou is Dr Dan Snaith (Math Phd)

if you get your studying done during the day, have a three hour break between 8pm & 11pm, come see Caribou & BR you will go into your exam in a very upbeat & positive state of mind. Caribou's previous two visits were very noticeable by how many people left the gig with BIG smiles on their faces. Go check this fact by searching Caribou in 2005

ps Caribou is Dr Dan Snaith (Math Phd)

Sold, I'll be there.

I was watching some Caribou footage on 'La Blogotheque' yesterday and it was very very cool.

I got ticket 130 on Tuesday.

Could we see this selling out?

Would the tables and chairs be sacrificed if too many people bought tickets?

Like the ticket?

Whilst iI expect it will do really well, I can't see it selling out...............

Downstairs will not have any tables or chairs we need to maximise space

especially in front of the stage, where i expect some bouncy activity for both bands.........

Like the ticket?

Whilst iI expect it will do really well, I can't see it selling out...............

Downstairs will not have any tables or chairs we need to maximise space

especially in front of the stage, where i expect some bouncy activity for both bands.........

That makes sense. Got my gigs mixed up. :O

The tickets are ace. Are they ALL different?

remember the ticket deal folks...!

Buy a Caribou ticket in advance (including the still valid February ones), come the following night to our FANTASTIC Stars of The Lid* event with your Caribou ticket which will be endorsed, KEEP your Caribou ticket to present @ any one of our autumn events where the entry is 5 & you will get-in FREE.

*Stars of the Lid can be ticket in advance OR cash on the door BUT you must take your Caribou ticket to be endorsed.

22/05/2008: Caribou + Born Ruffians @ The Tunnels

23/05/2008: Stars Of The Lid + Remember Remember + Glissando @ The Tunnels

Advance tickets can be bought for both gigs at One Up, Belmont St, Aberdeen or online at Welcome to TicketWeb!