aberdeen-music

[GIG] Caribou (Manitoba) + Born Ruffians (Warp/XL) @ The Tunnels

remember the ticket deal folks...!

Buy a Caribou ticket in advance (including the still valid February ones), come the following night to our FANTASTIC Stars of The Lid* event with your Caribou ticket which will be endorsed, KEEP your Caribou ticket to present @ any one of our autumn events where the entry is 5 & you will get-in FREE.

*Stars of the Lid can be ticket in advance OR cash on the door BUT you must take your Caribou ticket to be endorsed.

22/05/2008: Caribou + Born Ruffians @ The Tunnels

23/05/2008: Stars Of The Lid + Remember Remember + Glissando @ The Tunnels

Advance tickets can be bought for both gigs at One Up, Belmont St, Aberdeen or online at Welcome to TicketWeb!

imp spoiling the gig going public with two fantastic line-ups & a money saving deal.

support your independent promotors...........

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there still tickets left for this gig?

Not sure if i'm going due to Aberdeen playing but thinking of turning up after the game and hopefully get in or is that not advisable?

Tickets still available and there will be a (more expensive) door charge on the night.

Not that bothered about paying extra, my mate mentioned to me that Caribou was one of the best gigs of last year.

If you are going to Pittodrie, you will see all Caribou's set, quite a few are doing that double...... :up:

Its 2005 since they last played in Aberdeen

Sweet. Really looking forward to Born Ruffians. Red Yellow & Blue is gonna be one my favourite summer albums for sure.

yes they are getting lots of push just now, there on rotation mtv? orange ad & on skins.

their 1st cd isn't even released here yet Dan Snaith ALWAYS

gets someone really great to support his tours nowadays BR played a string of dates in US & Canada last year & they are great friends now

Guest bluesxman

Ticket obtained at lunchtime. Looking forward to it.

If anyone is interested, One Up have a 2nd hand copy of 'Up In Flames' for 4.99 under Manitoba name.....

Ticket obtained at lunchtime. Looking forward to it.

If anyone is interested, One Up have a 2nd hand copy of 'Up In Flames' for 4.99 under Manitoba name.....

nice on M

For 1p more (I think) Caribou will be selling his now famous tour only home CD

featuring loads of tracks that Dr Dan is influenced by mainly obscure 60/s 70's

bands/artists. the Last one last time he was here was magico

There's this thing on Pitchfork with Grant from Frightened Rabbit and he said this...

>> Favorite New Band

That Born Ruffians record was great. We played with them two years ago in Glasgow. I'd just figured they'd already released their first record. They've just got this lovely blend between, it's almost a direct blend of Animal Collective and Talking Heads. That record's definitely more exciting than anything else I've heard at the moment.

Pitchfork Feature: Guest List: Frightened Rabbit

get down early folks