aberdeen-music

Toxic distortion

davewarden

Guest Jake Wifebeater
A Napalm Death track off From Enslavement To Obliteration comes to mind:

Cock Rock Alienation...

Fantasy? Reality? Distinction? Satisfaction?

Then the memorable bass riff...

:up:

i'm not going to get involved in slagging off a bunch of kids.

however, i just looked at the 100 professional publicity photos. why were they taken in london? how much did that cost? while they're technically ok i don't see anything there that says anything about the band. they look pretty generic which is a shame as they obviously have a distinct visual style(see, i'm being nice) and it would've been better to try and put that across with the photo's rather than enter a sterile studio with a photographer who's going through the motions. something to bear in mind perhaps for your next photoshoot. try and build a relationship with the photographer and share ideas before you go into the studio so both band and photographer know what they're trying to acheive. gather some photo's of other bands which say something about that band and are of a similar style that you want and go over them with the photographer.

The photo shoot was won in a competition by one of the parents, and taken up while they were in London anyway.

I don't think the music is all that offensive to be honest, especially for their age. However, being championed by the Daily Mail is the most un-punk thing in the world ever ever ever, and it's a shame, because Toxic Distortion probably aren't old enough to realise that.

Of course, so is appealing to a person old enough to use the term 'hot joints'. Even my dad would wet himself at that.

Rule of thumb: ignore your parents when it comes to 'rebellion'.

• 9 months later...
I don't think the music is all that offensive to be honest, especially for their age. However, being championed by the Daily Mail is the most un-punk thing in the world ever ever ever, and it's a shame, because Toxic Distortion probably aren't old enough to realise that.

Of course, so is appealing to a person old enough to use the term 'hot joints'. Even my dad would wet himself at that.

Rule of thumb: ignore your parents when it comes to 'rebellion'.

the worst of it is that they didnt work themselves to get in the daily mail - the guitarists dad does everything for them.

they also think they are embarking on and epic us tour which the dad is funding and that their unknown label will be releasing their album worldwide.

the worst of it is that they didnt work themselves to get in the daily mail - the guitarists dad does everything for them.

He's probably the manager, or is that just too obvious for you?

Good luck to them! i wish i was doing that when i was 15!

Jealousy is an awful thing! A fuckin lot of that on this website!

I'd have thought any interest generated by an aberdeen band would be better for everyone in the local scene regardsless if shit or not but maybe im wrong.

Good luck to them! i wish i was doing that when i was 15!

Jealousy is an awful thing! A fuckin lot of that on this website!

I'd have thought any interest generated by an aberdeen band would be better for everyone in the local scene regardsless if shit or not but maybe im wrong.

It's not jealousy. On a personal note I don't want them to succeed because they're cunts who make shit music.

i dont know them and i dont like thier songs but surely any kind of attention generated towards the aberdeen scene means theres a possiblity of a good band being signed or whatever.

Nope.

8 characters

Guest idol_wild
I'm afraid to say but if any vaguely respected label looked into these guys in the slightest, it would give a truly negative picture of the aberdeen music scene.

Awww maaaaan, you're so jealous of Toxic Distortion!

There's so much of that on this site.

Yes, I am being facetious.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, they've got the buy our records from itunes and we just signed to a label which automatically means we're gonna be big and our dad's flying us to florida vibe but it's really not that bad. the vocals are pretty cool and sound like some lo-fi 80's garage vocalist off some killed by death compilation. the music's average and they look like a bit silly but fuck it they're impressionable fifteen year olds for fucks sake. when i was fifteen i still thought rancid were the best band in the world ever. give em a break and stop riding them cos they've got expensive haircuts. and could any of you seriously play guitar that well when you were fifteen? who cares that towers of london are their favourite band, not everyone reads maximum rock and roll every month. so many worse bands out there, so many more. i guess the clothes they wear makes them an easy target, but whatever.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, we are not kicking off another fucking fuss again because its ridiculous. we havnt even done anything and people are still going on about us.

we just wanted to clear one thing up, we arnt 14 or 15 anymore.....we are all almost 17 and our new guitarist is 19 so the whole puberty/kid thing is slightly boring now.

we just wanted to clear one thing up, we arnt 14 or 15 anymore.....we are all almost 17 and our new guitarist is 19 so the whole puberty/kid thing is slightly boring now.

Ah shit, thats your only excuse gone.

yeah, they've got the buy our records from itunes and we just signed to a label which automatically means we're gonna be big and our dad's flying us to florida vibe but it's really not that bad. the vocals are pretty cool and sound like some lo-fi 80's garage vocalist off some killed by death compilation. the music's average and they look like a bit silly but fuck it they're impressionable fifteen year olds for fucks sake. when i was fifteen i still thought rancid were the best band in the world ever. give em a break and stop riding them cos they've got expensive haircuts. and could any of you seriously play guitar that well when you were fifteen? who cares that towers of london are their favourite band, not everyone reads maximum rock and roll every month. so many worse bands out there, so many more. i guess the clothes they wear makes them an easy target, but whatever.

heh, i would imagine hardly anyone on this site reads maximum rock n roll. in fact i'm not sure many people on aberdeen-music would even know what it is.