aberdeen-music

Toxic distortion

davewarden

i was sticking up for you!

we know, and thank you. its good to see their is some people who actually have a brain and a life to be honest. a life that doesnt revolve around local indie bands and sitting on this website slagging off 'kids' when they clearly cant do any better themselves.

and the guitarist is a boy.

ah shit, how about you go tape your hand to your face again?

You realise the only reason I personally have anything against you is because your fat then drummer and another member were taunting us when we were onstage, and it was our 2nd ever show?

Oh yeah and you wouldn't shake hands, you "dont do hand shakes, you do high fives"

Oh, and you ate up a stupid amount of time in soundcheck.

The only remotely sound guy was your bassist. That seems to be the general consensus from everyone I've spoken to regarding your band.

A lot of people have somethng against you for the reason you dress or the fact you are desperately trying to be an already really shit band (Towers of London), which I disagree with. But a bit of constructive advice-you don't help the cause by going about treating other bands like absolute shit, when you have achieved nothing yourselves.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
You realise the only reason I personally have anything against you is because your fat then drummer and another member were taunting us when we were onstage, and it was our 2nd ever show?

Oh yeah and you wouldn't shake hands, you "dont do hand shakes, you do high fives"

The only remotely sound guy was your bassist. That seems to be the general consensus from everyone I've spoken to regarding your band.

A lot of people have somethng against you for the reason you dress or the fact you are desperately trying to be an already really shit band (Towers of London), which I disagree with. But a bit of constructive advice-you don't help the cause by going about treating other bands like absolute shit, when you have achieved nothing yourselves.

Look man, I'm not sticking up for anyone or any bands in particular here - BUT I seem to remember you holding a vendetta against me and The Underkills because I made an off the cuff remark about us being the best unsigned band in Aberdeen - a marketing line to try and get folk to our gig. I am NOT making that claim, it was just something to get folk to our shows.

That and along with the fact I had a handmade t-shirt that said "The Underkills will change your life", which was a joke aimed at a mate who was going about T in the Park saying just that.

I'm not really aware of bands you've been in other than My Favourite Metaphor, who as far as I'm aware haven't really done anything yet.

It would seem to me that you're being a bit hypocritical here in jumping about slating other bands when you've not achieved much yourself.

I could be wrong though - maybe you're in bands that have achieved a lot, that I'm unaware of.

A lot of people seem to be getting stuck into Toxic Distortion - who, I'll be honest have done nothing to offend me. Yes their haircuts are a little silly, but they're probably one of the most talked about bands on this forum recently, which is probably exactly what they want.

Cheers,

Calum :up:

BUT I seem to remember you holding a vendetta against me and The Underkills because I made an off the cuff remark about us being the best unsigned band in Aberdeen - a marketing line to try and get folk to our gig. I am NOT making that claim, it was just something to get folk to our shows.

But...you did make that claim.

It was like, 2-3 posts man, hardly a vendetta. I had a good reason, I just can't remember what it was an I can't be assed raking through the thread/posts again.

I made a comment on your band for what was(at least in my eyes) a good reason, Toxic Distortion ripped the piss out of us when we were nothing but nice to them, hence the aggression in return.

And so we return to the fabled Toxic distortion thread on Aberdeen-Music! I knew it wouldn't stay quiet for too long.

I think it's pretty bad that this is thing is going to kick off again after all the crap last time. I gotta admit though, it was pretty funny.

To be honest, i'm kinda glad I came across their myspace, they have a link to Steel Panther!!!!

I will reserve judgement until I have seen these chaps in person.

under-lol, over-lol, lollerskating free, the lollers of lollerdom, lolling are we

But...you did make that claim.

It was like, 2-3 posts man, hardly a vendetta. I had a good reason, I just can't remember what it was an I can't be assed raking through the thread/posts again.

I made a comment on your band for what was(at least in my eyes) a good reason, Toxic Distortion ripped the piss out of us when we were nothing but nice to them, hence the aggression in return.

Fair doos. I'm not really giving a shit about what you said about our band etc - it just looked a bit hypocritical.

And, neither can I be assed to dig up the posts!

Vendetta was admittedly too strong a word.....

:up:

HAHAHAHA none of us seem to remember 'taunting' you as we only watched about 10 seconds of a song and left because we were bored of standing watching a two man band in an empty room.

"treating other bands like absolute shit" - that is abit far, we didnt do anything to you. but you can come say all of this to our face sometime then we can show you what treating you like absolute shit is?

its really funny how none of you even know us but just judge us on what other people say. but whatever we dont really care because we are towers of london and we are pretty much mental eh, we are off to go do some drugs then fuck some bitches then batter some people for a laugh coz we are fake towers of london wannabes.

oh no wait i forgot we are 14? or is it 13? oh shit i forgot we havnt even started puberty oh no fucks sake, you guys seem to know more about us than we do ourselves. i might just take your advice and go get a haircut, start shopping in primark and join an indie band? =/

i might get a tuesday night gig at the tunnels out of that? but will anyone take notice of us then? nahhhh didnt think so.

gutted for you guys, we arnt going anywhere so just carry on speaking shit about us if you want.

HAHAHAHA none of us seem to remember 'taunting' you as we only watched about 10 seconds of a song and left because we were bored of standing watching a two man band in an empty room.

"treating other bands like absolute shit" - that is abit far, we didnt do anything to you. but you can come say all of this to our face sometime then we can show you what treating you like absolute shit is?

its really funny how none of you even know us but just judge us on what other people say. but whatever we dont really care because we are towers of london and we are pretty much mental eh, we are off to go do some drugs then fuck some bitches then batter some people for a laugh coz we are fake towers of london wannabes.

oh no wait i forgot we are 14? or is it 13? oh shit i forgot we havnt even started puberty oh no fucks sake, you guys seem to know more about us than we do ourselves. i might just take your advice and go get a haircut, start shopping in primark and join an indie band? =/

i might get a tuesday night gig at the tunnels out of that? but will anyone take notice of us then? nahhhh didnt think so.

gutted for you guys, we arnt going anywhere so just carry on speaking shit about us if you want.

Jesus...stop making yourself look like a tool on a message board.

Forgetting everything else you've said about your band on here.

That just makes you sound like a total prick.

Agreed.

Hard man talk on a forum is just silly

Jesus...stop making yourself look like a tool on a message board.

whos giving a shit like? everyone thinks we look like 'tools' already, everything we say just gets laughed at or twisted into something completley different. its not our problem people cant leave us alone, if we dont say something or rip the piss out of what people have said then its just going to get boring.

whos giving a shit like? everyone thinks we look like 'tools' already, everything we say just gets laughed at or twisted into something completley different. its not our problem people cant leave us alone, if we dont say something or rip the piss out of what people have said then its just going to get boring.

its nothing really to do with people leaving you alone...

you speak utter shite...and talk like a big hard man. People laugh at you...you are making the rest of your band come across like wankers...you are not as punk rock as you think you are

its nothing really to do with people leaving you alone...

you speak utter shite...and talk like a big hard man. People laugh at you...you are making the rest of your band come across like wankers...you are not as punk rock as you think you are

a big hard man? not really no, everything i said in that comment was taking the piss out of what people have said in the past 3 threads we have had on this website. everything im saying is what we all think anyway, and everyone already seems to think we are a bunch of wankers anyway so whatever.

"your not as punk rock as you think you are" - who the fuck said we are trying to be punk rock? you are just thinking its some kind of front we put on to be mental - just like what everyone else thinks. well done.

a big hard man? not really no, everything i said in that comment was taking the piss out of what people have said in the past 3 threads we have had on this website. everything im saying is what we all think anyway, and everyone already seems to think we are a bunch of wankers anyway so whatever.

"your not as punk rock as you think you are" - who the fuck said we are trying to be punk rock? you are just thinking its some kind of front we put on to be mental - just like what everyone else thinks. well done.

threatening people on a message board, you're right...you are not a big hard man.

I don't think its a front, i genuinely think that you think you are punk as fuck...and you are not.

Edit Tags Tags

bent shots, coming out to m+d, daddy take us to usa, definitely a girl btw, don't tell mummy we smoke, dude looks like a lady, high fives are for cunts, ian botham sez gash, is the guitarist a girl, its hairgel...honest, pass the hairspray, pissy fit, thaiwanese ladyboys, towers of london wannabes, travestism, where are the tags

:laughing:

Edit Tags Tags

bent shots, coming out to m+d, daddy take us to usa, definitely a girl btw, don't tell mummy we smoke, dude looks like a lady, high fives are for cunts, ian botham sez gash, is the guitarist a girl, its hairgel...honest, pass the hairspray, pissy fit, thaiwanese ladyboys, towers of london wannabes, travestism, where are the tags

:laughing:

they do get better and better and better

Guest Jake Wifebeater
but you can come say all of this to our face sometime then we can show you what treating you like absolute shit is?

Be careful what you wish for son, because I very much doubt you can back up all this pseudo-hardman shit in the real world.

Just stop throwing teeny bitch-fits when folk have a dig, it only carries on for as long as they get a reaction out of you. Ignore it and it'll stop.

I'll be more than happy to say that to your face as well, feel free to try to treat me like absolute shit...

Be careful what you wish for son, because I very much doubt you can back up all this pseudo-hardman shit in the real world.

Just stop throwing teeny bitch-fits when folk have a dig, it only carries on for as long as they get a reaction out of you. Ignore it and it'll stop.

I'll be more than happy to say that to your face as well, feel free to try to treat me like absolute shit...

exactly.

well in the last thread we got to about 10 pages before we said anything so....ignoring it doesnt really make that much of a difference, but it does make sense.

and what we said there was a personal dig at him as we know who he is and he constantly speaks shit about us for no reason but seems to think what he says is true and actually did happen....when its clearly exaggerated.

• Upvote 1