aberdeen-music

Toxic distortion

davewarden

I would honestly be interested in what everyone thought about their music , given that most of you have been in the 'business' a while.

I'm not in the band but would welcome constructive advice I could pass on, besides 'get a haircut' ;)

I would honestly be interested in what everyone thought about their music , given that most of you have been in the 'business' a while.

I'm not in the band but would welcome constructive advice I could pass on, besides 'get a haircut' ;)

Not bad for a bunch of 15 year olds, but otherwise they are pretty boring to listen to.

Toxic Distortion are OK, but I'm more of an Erotic Fire man personally.

:laughing:

Please don't open that can of worms again:nono:

I've seen TD in Drummonds (I'm sure it was them) prior to a sound check and the prissy back-combing and hair lacquering prompted a sharp exit to another bar to settle my revulsion :puke:

RobJMI would honestly be interested in what everyone thought about their music , given that most of you have been in the 'business' a while.

Toxic Distortion - if you are reading this at least one member at Aberdeen-Music thinks you guys deserve some praise - don't worry about the people who simply want to scoff at you.

Let the critics' actions and achievements speak for themselves.

You have achieved a great deal in a very short time.

You write your own material.

Your "hair" gets commented on everywhere from the press to radio interviews to this website - so it is a good talking point and it differentiates your group from all the others.

In the last few weeks you have a won a national Radio Competition, been interviewed at length on Radio including playing your tracks and publising your Internet websites and promoting your CD sales points.

Your sound samples on the Net have been listened to thousands of times.

You have over 1000 "friends" on MySpace - so you already have quite a base to market to.

Your CD is already available on Amazon, i-Tunes, e-Music and Rhapsody.

You have had half a page of publicity in the Daily Mail, half a page in the Sunday Post and a positive big write up in The Press and Journal.

You have over 100 professionally taken publicity pictures up and available on your website.

Your image is a publicity agent's dream - ring Max Clifford - tell him you all deny knowing Peaches Geldof

You guys are doing great - wait till you leave school and can legally play all the "hot joints".

Keep annoying people!

I think you are doing everything right so far. Well done.

RobJMI would honestly be interested in what everyone thought about their music , given that most of you have been in the 'business' a while.

Toxic Distortion - if you are reading this at least one member at Aberdeen-Music thinks you guys deserve some praise - don't worry about the people who simply want to scoff at you.

Let the critics' actions and achievements speak for themselves.

You have achieved a great deal in a very short time.

You write your own material.

Your "hair" gets commented on everywhere from the press to radio interviews to this website - so it is a good talking point and it differentiates your group from all the others.

In the last few weeks you have a won a national Radio Competition, been interviewed at length on Radio including playing your tracks and publising your Internet websites and promoting your CD sales points.

Your sound samples on the Net have been listened to thousands of times.

You have over 1000 "friends" on MySpace - so you already have quite a base to market to.

Your CD is already available on Amazon, i-Tunes, e-Music and Rhapsody.

You have had half a page of publicity in the Daily Mail, half a page in the Sunday Post and a positive big write up in The Press and Journal.

You have over 100 professionally taken publicity pictures up and available on your website.

Your image is a publicity agent's dream - ring Max Clifford - tell him you all deny knowing Peaches Geldof

You guys are doing great - wait till you leave school and can legally play all the "hot joints".

Keep annoying people!

I think you are doing everything right so far. Well done.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, hahahahahahh aahaaaaaaaaaahahahahhahahahahah

Musically it was guff.

Proper try-hard bilge.

Saying that the "punk influence" of their music comes from "...Towers Of London" sparked a response from myself where I didn't know if I was laughing or swallowing my own sick.

Either way, they look like fucking bell ends.

I don't believe anyone actually likes their music, unless they are lying, deaf or just an idiot.

i'm not going to get involved in slagging off a bunch of kids.

however, i just looked at the 100 professional publicity photos. why were they taken in london? how much did that cost? while they're technically ok i don't see anything there that says anything about the band. they look pretty generic which is a shame as they obviously have a distinct visual style(see, i'm being nice) and it would've been better to try and put that across with the photo's rather than enter a sterile studio with a photographer who's going through the motions. something to bear in mind perhaps for your next photoshoot. try and build a relationship with the photographer and share ideas before you go into the studio so both band and photographer know what they're trying to acheive. gather some photo's of other bands which say something about that band and are of a similar style that you want and go over them with the photographer.