aberdeen-music

The Rock at Wrestlemania 24?

Lemonade

He's going to the Hall Of Fame ceremony in the same building the night before WM because he's inducting his dad and grandfather into the Hall Of Fame (in what was surely just a ploy by the WWE to persuade him to come). What odds on him managing to take a few hours out of his busy filming schedule to do a segment or in a run-in during the 'Grandaddy Of Them All'? It would be fucking great to see The Rock back in a WWE ring after 4 years away, what with the same old retired legends making their predictable 'surprise' appearances every other week, eg Stone Cold, Mick Foley, Hulk Hogan and Roddy Piper turning up on Raw every 5 minutes. The place would go nuts.

If ya smell.........

rock01.jpg

Possibly. I think they are continuing the Maria / Santino Marella Playboy storyline into WM. They could have Santino in the ring berate Maria for appearing in Playboy while she stands and looks sad then the Rock come out and take the piss out of him a bit and give him a slap, or a cheeky Rock Bottom. Santino is awesome on the mic, it could be entertaining.

It depends on the Rock's schedule, and Vinny Mac himself. Vince is paying Floyd Mayweather $20m to have what is sure to be a disastrous match against Big Show, whether he'll be prepared to open his wallet again to persuade the Rock to appear (unannouced and therefore generating no extra PPV buys) is open to debate.

I dunno.

I think the Rock has establicshed himself as an actor. I mean hes not going to win any oscars, but he's funny and has lots of charisma. Going back to the WWE would really just be a step back for him.

Although if he did win an oscar he cold have the best acceptance speech ever. "If you smeeeeell lalalalallalala aaaah. What the Rock. Is. Cooking!!" :laughing:

The Rock's said countless times he's done with wrestling but Cena recently did an interview with the Sun that set my mind a-wondering. Here's some of his comments:

"What I kind of get peeved about — and this is my Achilles heel — is that I've wanted to do this my whole life. At one point Rock loved wrestling and wanted to do this all his life. So explain to me why he can't come back? Simply put it's because he wants to be an actor and there's nothing wrong with that. He's very good and very successful. Associating with sports entertainment doesn't do much for his acting career — I get it. Just don't f*** me around and tell me that you love this. That's the only thing that gets me really p***ed off. Our fan base have so much admiration for him, he's got to respect that. He doesn't give anything back."

Now, Cena's always been very respectful and hardly ever says anything that would get him any heat so these comments have pretty much come out of nowhere. I smell a work. Vinnie Mac always gets wrestlers to bad mouth each other in the press to ignite a feud. And let's be honest, Cena vs. The Rock = CASH. If the Rock does come back for a feud, here's how I think they should book it:

During the title match at Wrestlemania the Rock runs in and costs Cena the match. This will make the Rock face with a large proportion of the fans and a heel with others, like Cena is now. The next night on RAW the Rock comes out and explains his actions and brings up the above comments, gaining sympathy from the audience. Then Cena comes out to defend himself but instead of apologising to the Rock, he launches into a tirade against him, turning himself completely heel . The feud begins and culminates at Summerslam. The Rock returning and a Cena heel turn will make LOADS of money. And the mic work will be GOLD. They need to turn Cena heel soon anyway and what other angle is big enough to warrant it than this?

Just a wee theory though. I can't see the Rock just coming back for the HOF then leaving again. He'll do something at 'Mania. Something like Hogan did last year, scaring off Khali.

According to Rajah.com v1.0 that interview is a few months old, and of course being the Sun it's been totally taken out of context. The above sounds cool but I can't see the Rock coming back for anything more than one night, plus he's lost a lot of muscle since his wrestling days (probably figuring he would get more film work if he looked like a human).

I listened to the interview those comments aren't taken out of context. That's just what Cena says. He does say he's got a lot of respect for the Rock but can't understand why how won't come back, even for a little bit. Also the interview was conducted at the beginning of the year when Cena was still injured but only published last week. Rajah.com (along with wrestlezone.com) are notorious for being the most gossip mongering and unreliable wrestling news sites that are about.

I do agree with you on the comments that Rock probably won't come back for more than a night. I was just saying if did come back for a feud, that's what they should do. And if Randy Orton can get away with being skinny, so can the Rock. Post-Benoit, I really don't think people really care how muscle bound someone is, especially if they're already established as a star.