aberdeen-music

anyone hear this?

The Ghost Of Fudge

didn't get this til now, but...

"Alrite folks,

Look out for Achren live in session, Wednesday 27th from midnight on BBC Radio 1 with Vic Galloway. Unsigned Scottish Blood Metal on mainstream radio! We will be playing some new unrecorded material on the show, plus a couple of old ones as well that have never been recorded with bass, so all exclusive & worth staying up for!

Stay metal

ACHREN"

BBC - Radio 1 - Vic Galloway

Welcome to the official Achren Website- black death thrash from Glasgow Scotland

anyway, they're playing the moorings with bonesaw and others - sat 5th april...

why do bands still have "official" websites

I've often wondered about that. There's no point in having anything else than a myspace or a bebo or whatever. They offer everything that you would need really and for free. You can even edit the layout so much that it would look like a proper website.

Beats me, there's no point in them at all really.

I see your point, but, I like the idea of a website, i.e. it gives you a chance to provide your songs for download that doesnt ruin them. I like the idea of gigographies, discographies, diaries etc which you have to make blogs about on myspace. A website is also pretty flexible, doesnt generate much spam and doesnt tie you to a shit server with the opportunity to be hacked on a daily basis. It also shows that you put a bit more time into your band as opposed to putting up a myspace overnight. it is for all these reasons that I am building a site (very slowly)

my point was about bands who say stuff like WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF XXXXX or click here for our OFFICIAL MERCH SHOP etc

my point was about bands who say stuff like WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF XXXXX or click here for our OFFICIAL MERCH SHOP etc

I see what you mean now. I do agree with what you're saying as well but like you say there's got to be a bit of time and effort put into and it has to be able to provide something that a myspace, for example, can't.