aberdeen-music

Fudge Awards - Best 'Rock' Act 2008 - vote here

The Ghost Of Fudge

Im posting, because everyone seems to be speaking on our behalf.

"that if they wouldn't play some sort of "proper awards ceremony" like that then they sound like a complete bunch of pretentious twats (but i cant say that as i have never met any of them and i am sure they are not anyway),"

Just for setting the record straight, im not picking at you here, maybe we would play a local award ceremony (we played last year, because it fell nicely on the back of a euro tour, and fudge awards is a bit of fun) and if someone did create some sort of brit award style thing in Aberdeen (which would be utterly pointless) and we were asked to play, if the line up was good, and looked like a fun night, maybe we would play, but also, conversely, maybe we wouldn't. It's not 'pretentious' to say no to something like that (or any show) as long as your reasoning isn't 'we are too good for this' which in our case, that wouldnt be why. We often have to turn down shows, and often its because we aren't fans of who is playing/promoter seems poor etc...., that isnt pretentious, we are just in a position that we dont have to take shows just because they are offered to us, which means we can play certain shows that we feel are better. And to an outsider that may seem 'pretentious' (a word that gets bandied about all too often without any thought) but its only from being a hard working band that has allowed us to be in the situation that we can choose what shows we play, which to someone who might be new to the music scene (which i gather you might be) might seem like 'they aren't playing cause they think they are too good' when really its more 'we dont need to play every show, because we are capable of getting ones which we think are better/more worthwhile'.

Everyone ok on this?

Its OK, you have no need to explain yourselves. to understand how this all came about you have to go back to these posts, kinda.

The idea of a serious award show to put on Aberdeen on the map is a terrible one. The reason Aberdeen isn't 'on the map' is because there is only 2 bands that actually go out and put the effort in. Frequently recording/writing/releasing new music and consistently playing shows across the UK and further a field.

You can't expect Aberdeen to be considered a musical hotspot when the majority of the bands find themselves playing Aberdeen 5 times a month and not doing much else.

For the record. I'm talking about PVH and Copy Haho.

There is no point in saying whether i would play this event. In reality, the chances of you getting CH and PVH to play an all local "serious awards ceremony' are highly unlikely.

basically, other people were using you as an example in relation to having a dig at my ideas (which you did say would actually be a possiblity of you guys playing, as the way you explained it was exactly how i still presumed it would be). I presume you guys know each other but i was just saying those words as another come back. as what started as in an earlier attempt to liven things up a bit, it ended up getting petty - i know.

But anyway, i'm sure that none of you guys are any of those things as i said before in a previous post. i'm sure you are all fine people.

I hope this post kinda makes sense, as this thread is now done. Votes are closed. So lets all part company for now, huh ;)

Good luck for your tour and all that.

Peace & Love to all :love:

• 2 weeks later...
That poster is smart as fuck. :love:

Jesus even i agree with you there.....shit hot poster. Can i get a copy for my bedroom wall? ;)

really is good though.

Also guys - Kashmir Red - tonight at Snafu - Please come down and give us your loving support as you did so readily throughout this great thread. C'mon boys from Level 4 we can even have a shandy together...X

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...