aberdeen-music

Fudge Awards - Best 'Rock' Act 2008 - vote here

The Ghost Of Fudge

If we are being honest then we didnt have the material or quite the complete stage presence/ability when most of people have seen us and known us from from quite a while ago but were never completely shit. However, all i want to say is (and i really would like this thread to end here after this) come down on the 28th to Drummonds and have a few jars and see for yourselves. Friday night, Pay Day, every1 should be getting "on it" as far as im concerned, and as dave says, we are decent bunch, who are just enjoying it at the mo and working as a band to get better after each and every gig/practice session.

So, maybe see you then.....? :up:

First decent comment!

i've not only seen em, i've played with them. nice guys. music was alright, certainly not shit but not quite awesome rock n roll. it was quite a while ago though.

An if i remember right, you are in Kattra, right Dave? Might be wrong, but if it was... that was only our 2nd gig LOL. NO band should be upto jaw dropping standards after that short amount of time, due to lack of experience alone (unless you are a formed super group like Cream or summat lol), but you kinda just get into it and 'buoyant' shall we say.

Me and chris - our non computer friendly guitarist, not the forum chris - were talking bout that moorings gig just the other day and laughing bout it and the fact it was only our second gig and how it semi kicked off...! But i still remember everyone having a blast though, and thats what its all about at the end of the day. If you dont enjoy it, then what is the point I say.

Guest idol_wild
Just had a look at stuart maxwells rep comments...

Good een Jan...

Can you not speak for yourself or somethin?

:up:

You do realise, of course, that Jan was being 110% tongue-in-cheek, right?

Guest idol_wild
Phil, what did you say in you acceptance speech last year? I can't remember now...

I can't remember the absolute specifics - I was quite drunk, y'know - but it was something along the lines of:

"Thanks ever so much. This is dedicated to my mum. I've never won a meaningful award in my life...

...and I still haven't"

:jester:

I can't remember the absolute specifics - I was quite drunk, y'know - but it was something along the lines of:

"Thanks ever so much. This is dedicated to my mum. I've never won a meaningful award in my life...

...and I still haven't"

:jester:

Oh yes, the memories are all flooding back now. What did you do with your gnome?

Guest idol_wild
Oh yes, the memories are all flooding back now. What did you do with your gnome?

Our category didn't receive a gnome - we received a collinder (sic). With a plastic pink rose entwined within.

I proceeded to put said item on my head whilst Tunnels Jenni took quite an incriminating photograph.

Thankfully that photograph is now nowhere to be seen.

I hope Kashmir Red win too.

I'd be interested to see and hear their speech.

So what is the actual script with this awards thing. As we are newcomers (which would of been the best category for us i would of thought this time), i do not know about the format. My sister told me that everyone actually made a night of it and had a laugh and that drakes also used to win best venue.

Do you get a formal invite either way then? is it like a proper event with bands performing on the night too?

I hope so, as we definately would try to liven up proceedings ":finger:" LOL - but as for the speech, it would be good, but i cannot see people voting for us at fudge gigs for some reason, unless the blacktooth rock lounge might be a springboard for us to the fudge people, cause we never play the moorings hardly ever :(

Guest idol_wild
wherever barnold may be.

That raises a good point...

It's not in chez Phil, Rob, and Jim. I know that much. Unless he's up in the loft. I hope someone doesn't bump into him in the dark. They'll get a fucking fright!

Guest idol_wild
So what is the actual script with this awards thing. As we are newcomers (which would of been the best category for us i would of thought this time), i do not know about the format. My sister told me that everyone actually made a night of it and had a laugh and that drakes also used to win best venue.

Do you get a formal invite either way then? is it like a proper event with bands performing on the night too?

I hope so, as we definately would try to liven up proceedings ":finger:" LOL - but as for the speech, it would be good, but i cannot see people voting for us at fudge gigs for some reason, unless the blacktooth rock lounge might be a springboard for us to the fudge people, cause we never play the moorings hardly ever :(

It's basically like a gig with an awards ceremony at the end. There are no invites - indeed it is ticketed; even the nominated bands must pay (otherwise nobody would turn up!). Usually two or three bands play.

It's good fun. You just get wasted during the bands and have fun heckling/praising the nominations when they are read out. The winners are invited up to the stage to receive their award and they must say a few words. Any words.