aberdeen-music

Fudge Awards - Best 'Rock' Act 2008 - vote here

The Ghost Of Fudge

Instead of saying Kashmir Red are shit/gash or whatever they were called....maybe the people who have said it could go into a bit more detail so they can take some good out of what you say...

Kashmir Red are shit aint very good constructive criticism...its just being rude...

I agree with the playin '5 nights a week' (slight exaggeration)...but if they enjoy it an they continue to pull a crowd then whats the problem? Why get bent out of shape about it?

I mean look last week...14 pages because a band with a 15 year old drummer got some coverage in the paper...OMG!?!?WTF!?!?!...

Then we have people cancellin gigs because they are on the same bill as another band...fuckin get over yourselfs...

Everyone knows the music industry is full of egotistical twats an of course not everyone is going to like your music but to be getting slated an not constructively criticised on a local music site is a really poor show...

8-)

the 14 page thread wasn't really about the band with the 15 year old drummer though, more about aberdeen journals themselves.

'Kashmir Red are the worst band i have ever seen'

'Kashmir Red are Awful'

'I walked out of the gig when they went on an came back 40 mins later when it was safe to say they had finished'

'When we found out we were on the same bill as Kashmir Red we cancelled'

WOW...whats all that about?

They won the O'Neils BOB's northern heat and come second in the final in Glasgow, they got into the final of The Suns 'Win a Deal' and they are headlining the "Red Stripe Music Awards" in March 2008...

They get more radio play than most other local bands on Northsound O106 an even have Charlotte 106.5 (american Rock station) playing there tunes...

Also got support slots for Palladium, Alphabeat, The Ad's, Captain Phoenix, The Brouges and The Apple Scruffs...

All done in less than a year of them getting together...

8-)

'Kashmir Red are the worst band i have ever seen'

'Kashmir Red are Awful'

'I walked out of the gig when they went on an came back 40 mins later when it was safe to say they had finished'

'When we found out we were on the same bill as Kashmir Red we cancelled'

WOW...whats all that about?

They won the O'Neils BOB's northern heat and come second in the final in Glasgow, they got into the final of The Suns 'Win a Deal' and they are headlining the "Red Stripe Music Awards" in March 2008...

They get more radio play than most other local bands on Northsound O106 an even have Charlotte 106.5 (american Rock station) playing there tunes...

Also got support slots for Palladium, Alphabeat, The Ad's, Captain Phoenix, The Brouges and The Apple Scruffs...

All done in less than a year of them getting together...

8-)

We get it, you like them. Others don't., live with it.

And battle of the bands are nothing to shout about. It's like an amateur athlete boasting they won their school sports day.

And battle of the bands are nothing to shout about. It's like an amateur athlete boasting they won their school sports day.

Oh theres another egotistical comment...

Get over yourself mate...put it past...

The comments here has made this my favorite thread of all time on aberdeenmusic.com...

Toodle pip

8-)

Oh theres another egotistical comment...

Get over yourself mate...put it past...

Toodle pip

8-)

It's got absolutely fuck all to do with ego (I haven't exactly done anything recently to justify a large ego). Battle of the bands are totally worthless. They're just a con (usually pay to play as well) and a waste of time for the bands involved.

Better off spending your time trying to get decent support slots and gigs out of town on good bills.

Instead of saying Kashmir Red are shit/gash or whatever they were called....maybe the people who have said it could go into a bit more detail so they can take some good out of what you say...

I think if you search you'll find that some people have commented on why they didn't like them, rather than just slating them.

But it is all horses for courses really, one man's Beatles is another man's Menswear.

I think if you search you'll find that some people have commented on why they didn't like them, rather than just slating them.

No Jan your wrong...

Chris...im strugglin to understand your 'Battle Of The Bands' being worthless comment...fair enough its hardly going to get you that 1 million pound recording contract but for other things like studio time and cash prizes...things to help young up & coming bands get on there way...

Look at Ablach winning Battle of the Bands...15 free 2 hour practices...an this is worthless?

Completely agree with your last comment though...

8-)

Chris...im strugglin to understand your 'Battle Of The Bands' being worthless comment...fair enough its hardly going to get you that 1 million pound recording contract but for other things like studio time and cash prizes...things to help young up & coming bands get on there way...

Look at Ablach winning Battle of the Bands...15 free 2 hour practices...an this is worthless?

Most battle of the bands are simply a way of exploiting young bands who don't know any better. They appeal to young bands because they get a gig and a shot at a "great prize" and usually the chance to play more gigs for bigger prizes in front of "industry" people. They might get discovered! The reality is that only bands who were on their way anyway are actually going to get "discovered" on these things. There's usually a pay to pay structure (sell a certain amount of tickets to take part, any unsold tickets the band has to pay for) or an upfront entrance fee meaning the promoter makes money no matter who shows up. Then the band who brings the most fans or is mates with the promoter wins anyway no matter how terrible they are.

Most of the bands that enter are shit as well, you rarely see the really good bands in a city enter a BotB. It's always generic indie shite or school kids playing bad metal. The good bands are away building networks of contacts and getting a proper buzz about what they're doing instead of wasting time trying to find a shortcut.

Most battle of the bands are simply a way of exploiting young bands who don't know any better. They appeal to young bands because they get a gig and a shot at a "great prize" and usually the chance to play more gigs for bigger prizes in front of "industry" people. They might get discovered! The reality is that only bands who were on their way anyway are actually going to get "discovered" on these things. There's usually a pay to pay structure (sell a certain amount of tickets to take part, any unsold tickets the band has to pay for) or an upfront entrance fee meaning the promoter makes money no matter who shows up. Then the band who brings the most fans or is mates with the promoter wins anyway no matter how terrible they are.

Most of the bands that enter are shit as well, you rarely see the really good bands in a city enter a BotB. It's always generic indie shite or school kids playing bad metal. The good bands are away building networks of contacts and getting a proper buzz about what they're doing instead of wasting time trying to find a shortcut.

I agree. I blame Bill and Ted for glamorizing the whole thing.

Also, I'm amused by Gemz' relentless crying out for 'constructive criticism'. What the devil do we psuedo-intellectual knuckle-heads know about lad-rock, bar our oppinion that it sucks big chubby?

Oh there we go again...

Comical

Thought you were finished in this thread?

I don't get why you have to respond to every reply in this thread with an insult anyway? You're not a member of Kashmir Red and they've proved more than capable of having a go at critics themselves.

What the devil do we psuedo-intellectual knuckle-heads know about lad-rock, bar our oppinion that it sucks big chubby?

LOL - Do you realise how much of a pretentious bell-end you sound?!! i bet you think that all of us associated with "Lad-Rock" (even in general), are apprentice Joiners or something like that huh... You really have no idea, do you!? You do not know anyone one of us...! I'm sure that the people i know probably went to a better school than you and every1 went though just as much higher education - but we just dont have to use "big" words to prove how sooo much more intellectual we are. Wise Up.

You know what too, if you did know us, and came on a night out you would probably have the best/funniest night of your life (and you might even get laid) :kiss:

LOL - Do you realise how much of a pretentious bell-end you sound?!! i bet you think that all of us associated with "Lad-Rock" (even in general), are apprentice Joiners or something like that huh... You really have no idea, do you!? You do not know anyone one of us...! I'm sure that the people i know probably went to a better school than you and every1 went though just as much higher education - but we just dont have to use "big" words to prove how sooo much more intellectual we are. Wise Up.

You know what too, if you did know us, and came on a night out you would probably have the best/funniest night of your life (and you might even get laid) :kiss:

Hahhahaha you are clueless

He could do with a hand getting laid though

Would it make you feel better if I included some spelling mistakes? Sweet jesus.

Rubbish assumption of my character by the by. People who like lad-rock ARE all unemployed, right?

this thread is a right laugh. most of the bands mentioned are shite and canna handle some dickheads taking a potshot at them, both of these generally come with inexperience and not having been round the block a few times. if they happen to last 3/4 years then Id maybe pay the slightest bit of attention to what the likes of GEmZ an co say about em, but the truth is most of these bands are flash in the pan/here today gone tomorrow types. good luck to em

as for battle of bands, I suppose its a free practice if anything but its generally fodder for shite/inexperienced/new bands who want to play gigs all the time to their mates and act like rock stars. the celebrating when winning thing is usually pretty comedy though. I JUST WON THA LOTTERY!!!!

as for radio play, meh, doesnt really mean anything, generally means that the band or their MaNAgErZ LoLZ can be arsed to send a demo and degrade themselves with some bullshit biography and cringeworthy promoshots. the radio stands for very little these days and I doubt the listening figures are anything to shout about either

either way, good luck to the new crop of bands, it brings a bit of life to what has become a pretty dull website in recent months

Kashmir Red get my vote simply because i think their the best band out of the above. i`ve saw them quite a few times, their a really good live act and their one of few aberdeen bands that i`d go out of my way to see.

eric euan and five:fifteen are also really good bands in my opinion. but in this case Kashmir red get my vote.