aberdeen-music

Fudge Awards - Best 'Rock' Act 2008 - vote here

The Ghost Of Fudge

Guest idol_wild
You don't like us etc. Who Fucking cares.

Well, you and at least one other person cared enough to retort to the criticism. And show yourselves up a little bit.

Be less sensitive, gentlemen. I think it's fair to say your demographic is not on this site.

You probably pull bigger crowds than most of the bands that use this forum, so lighten and get less personal if someone on here decides to slate your music.

"You know what too, if you did know us, and came on a night out you would probably have the best/funniest night of your life (and you might even get laid) "

I have been going on nights out with you cunts for years and still cant get laid, so why help out that cat?!

Well Well.... It's been a while, i must say (well it seems it). I aint been on here in aggges as i started to deteste this site, but as i got wind of this thread i couldn't NOT pop up and say hello. Good to see my old buddy Chris up to his old tricks still. You alright? Keeping well? lol Hope you remembered to return that kilt to McCalls lol (i jest, i jest) :up: Also good to see the same old others devoting their lives still to this website, hanging off their witty comments.... plus the added bonus of a few new bedroom heroes, also.

Right, so who wants to have a pop... i'm up for a bit of light hearted banter. Be aswel, since im in the neighbourhood.

P.S. "Loon" there are only soo many things we can do, huh. You can lead a horse to water, n all that lol :gringo:

Seriously some of you guys sound desperate and need to get a life!! Are you jealous of bands that bands like Erotic Fire and Kasmir Red have more pulling power than you or your mates bands? I don't know what kind of pretentious bollocks you guys like but all you sensitive types can go and cry into your salad sandwich and leave the proper guys to get up and make some proper rock n'roll!!!

Come on guys lets have some real music!!!

Get in there Kashmir Red...

Chris...you know how you were sayin about the battle of the bands being young/crap/nieve bands etc i cant remember exactly what it was you said so dont quote me...

How come a fair few of the bands in all the Fudge Awards are currently or have been in the past couple of months taken part in Battle Of the Bands?

8-)

Yesssss :up:

I think I'm addicted to this thread. It's so moreish.

it's like some kind of medieval torture. it just keeps going on and on sapping my will to live. just when you think it's safe to go back to this thread another member of kashmir red's entourage jumps in and over eggs the pudding.

they need to learn that less is more when it comes to defensive posts. let the hataz look petty and silly then just prove them wrong by being a better band than everyone else.

they need to learn that less is more when it comes to defensive posts. let the hataz look petty and silly then just prove them wrong by being a better band than everyone else.

I suggest that you come to the Tunnels to see Kashmir Red and be blown away by some awesome Rock n'Roll!! Go On!

You'll see what everyone is talking about and why this band have acheived so much that you guys just cannot compete with!

I suggest that you come to the Tunnels to see Kashmir Red and be blown away by some awesome Rock n'Roll!! Go On!

You'll see what everyone is talking about and why this band have acheived so much that you guys just cannot compete with!

i've not only seen em, i've played with them. nice guys. music was alright, certainly not shit but not quite awesome rock n roll. it was quite a while ago though.

Get in there Kashmir Red...

Chris...you know how you were sayin about the battle of the bands being young/crap/nieve bands etc i cant remember exactly what it was you said so dont quote me...

How come a fair few of the bands in all the Fudge Awards are currently or have been in the past couple of months taken part in Battle Of the Bands?

8-)

My statement wasn't definitive, I was talking about BotB competitions in general. I don't have a problem with small scale competitions offering good prizes that aren't asking the bands to pay to play. They can be a good way for a venue to get a crowd in on a quiet night, I suspect the one at the Tunnels with Original 106 (assuming this is the one you're referring to) is probably along those lines, though I haven't been paying much attention to it so don't know for sure.

I wouldn't brag about winning or taking part in one though as it's a pretty meaningless accolade still but I would consider taking part if they were run right. As you said 15 free practices isn't to be sniffed at. If you can play a gig, don't have to sell tickets or guarantee to take along a certain number of people and have a chance of that then why not take part.

Have Kashmir Red asked all their friends to come and defend them on here? This is all getting a bit over the top really.

Good fun though, entertaining to read while I'm in the office.

Ok Captain Contradiction...

It's not a contradiction, if you weren't too lazy to read the damn posts you'd see that. Instead all you can do is throw petty insults at anyone and everyone who disagrees with you.

Thought you were finished with this thread anyway?

My statement wasn't definitive, I was talking about BotB competitions in general. I don't have a problem with small scale competitions offering good prizes that aren't asking the bands to pay to play. They can be a good way for a venue to get a crowd in on a quiet night.

Slightly off topic, but I'd thought I'd share my experiance of a BotB competition.

Many years ago, in my first band in Aberdeen played a BotB competition at Drummonds - it was a our first or second gig. It all went surprisingly well, but Tigerfin won (are they still going?) ...Anyway, we were told we could be in another heat for it, and we were chuffed to bits. When it came to the second heat, we got told that basically we were going through - almost as if it was a rigged competition. Cue the band being all cocky and proceeding to drink solidly for 6 hours prior to playing. The band who played before us did a ropey version of Stairway to Heaven, which made us go up and proceed to play an even ropier version of Kashmir until the sound man told us to shut the fuck up. Needless to say, we didn't go through. Lessons I learned from this:

1. BotB are generally rigged.

2. It isn't wise to take the piss out of other bands you're sharing a bill with.

3. I can't play the guitar after drinking for 6 hours.

i've not only seen em, i've played with them. nice guys. music was alright, certainly not shit but not quite awesome rock n roll. it was quite a while ago though.

If we are being honest then we didnt have the material or quite the complete stage presence/ability when most of people have seen us and known us from from quite a while ago but were never completely shit. However, all i want to say is (and i really would like this thread to end here after this) come down on the 28th to Drummonds and have a few jars and see for yourselves. Friday night, Pay Day, every1 should be getting "on it" as far as im concerned, and as dave says, we are decent bunch, who are just enjoying it at the mo and working as a band to get better after each and every gig/practice session.

So, maybe see you then.....? :up: