aberdeen-music

Fudge Awards - Best 'Rock' Act 2008 - vote here

The Ghost Of Fudge

I stand by my statement because I feel its true. But then its just my personal opinion and not stated fact.

And i can respect that 100% percent.... Every1 is entitled to their opinion. An as i said, i didnt mean any of what i wrote and your music does have a specific place. I could even see myself listening to it chilling out with the sunday times after a darn heavy night and a sore head. But i was being a dick (No sorry, toby) of the highest order, just exaggerating as fully as you did. (although even though you dont think you were exaggerating still - lol).

Fair enough on the Fivefiteen comment but i would of said that they are just as much rock, if not more so from what i've heard. But anyway its not important... you say you've actually seen them!? Where? Was this longer than 3 months ago?

An UK's biggest band, is def the Arctics at the Mo.

Believe it or not but we actually played on the same bill as 5:15 in dec. At Moshulu supporting DRIVEBLIND. It was an odd line up but it was a family thing. Our old drummer was playing for them at the time so I'm fully aware of their sound. I'm just under the thinking that they were Indie. Just because of the Stone Roses, The Verve, Ocean Colourscene inspired guitar riffs accompanied by the vintage 70s organ that seem to hint at Kula Shaker or The Charlatans. Along with the Shed Seven toe tapping that you seem to find yourself helplessly doing when watching them. I just don't think the stereo typical vision ROCK makes you do this. But if this year the fudge boys are doing away with the Best Indie category then I suppose they would fit. But however so would all the other bands from the categories so far.

And yeah I maybe exaggerated a little but. Kashmir Red remain the only band I have ever walked out of. I walked out half way through the set and returned to the gig 40mins later when it was safe to say they were finished. I'm sorry.

Kashmir Red remain the only band I have ever walked out of. I walked out half way through the set and returned to the gig 40mins later when it was safe to say they were finished.

Wise choice. When we heard they were on the same bill as a gig we were booked in for we cancelled.

Did you speak to Gary about doing a show at Pivo Pivo? Any joy?

Well I guess my band had taken a bit of a slating here. Fair enough as music is a matter opinion and my tastes will be diff to the man next door. Dont really see the need to come and tear us to shreds because as far as I remember Ive never said anything derogatory to any band in Aberdeen before. If you don't rate us and think we're shite well fair enough and to be honest it not gonna deter from what i do or what i do in terms of music.

The thing that pisses me off is somebody slagging us from playing Aberdeen every night. I'll be the first to admit that we play the "circuit" as much as anyone but i fucking love it. I'd sing my heart out every night if i could cause i love doing it. It gets me away from the mundane 9-5 I find myself in and gives me a chance to enjoy doing something I love. I dont take myself seriously unlike others on here and am not pretentious enough to play the occasional gig every three months. And to pull out of a gig cause we're on the bill - what a fucking cock. Actually think I just read a post from somebody in your band saying what gigs you did last year? Who really gives a fuck? Not exactly playing Wembley are ya.

But keep trying because you do wind me up with your shit but until you bedroom fucking heroes go into the top 40 we're all in the same boat pal. x

This website is pretty cliched aint it...so predictable...

Like Kashmir Red's music, ho ho.

Sorry, couldn't resist that one :up:

But anyway, it's an internet forum, what do you expect? Every internet forum will react the same when someone gets overly defensive about someone's opinion like that friend/fan/member of Kashmir Red a few pages ago. It just makes them more resolute in their criticism.

Like Kashmir Red's music, ho ho.

Sorry, couldn't resist that one :up:

But anyway, it's an internet forum, what do you expect? Every internet forum will react the same when someone gets overly defensive about someone's opinion like that friend/fan/member of Kashmir Red a few pages ago. It just makes them more resolute in their criticism.

Ah Chris - you were the one form last year slating us after the moorings? Thing is i dont actually care if people slate us because due to the critism - when constructive i take it on board. We've only been playing a year so all help is welcome.

I look forward to hearing some of your stuff soon. Any word when it will be out - after your acoustic song i found on myspace i eagerly await the follow up.

Ah Chris - you were the one form last year slating us after the moorings? Thing is i dont actually care if people slate us because due to the critism - when constructive i take it on board. We've only been playing a year so all help is welcome.

I look forward to hearing some of your stuff soon. Any word when it will be out - after your acoustic song i found on myspace i eagerly await the follow up.

Yeah I was, but I'm not a fan of any of that kind of stuff so don't take it personally. You don't need to go searching bebo for anymore pictures of me in a kilt. I only jumped in with the comment above because Gemz post was begging for someone to say something like that. The main reason I posted was to make the point about the website.

That acoustic song isn't representative of any of the stuff I'm doing at the moment, though I keep meaning to go back to that. It's a definite work in progress. Concentrating on band things just now, but it's progressing well so there should be something available for you to criticise in the next few months.

Instead of saying Kashmir Red are shit/gash or whatever they were called....maybe the people who have said it could go into a bit more detail so they can take some good out of what you say...

Kashmir Red are shit aint very good constructive criticism...its just being rude...

I agree with the playin '5 nights a week' (slight exaggeration)...but if they enjoy it an they continue to pull a crowd then whats the problem? Why get bent out of shape about it?

I mean look last week...14 pages because a band with a 15 year old drummer got some coverage in the paper...OMG!?!?WTF!?!?!...

Then we have people cancellin gigs because they are on the same bill as another band...fuckin get over yourselfs...

Everyone knows the music industry is full of egotistical twats an of course not everyone is going to like your music but to be getting slated an not constructively criticised on a local music site is a really poor show...

8-)