aberdeen-music

Ipod movies?

Hog

i had 300 on mine when i was at uni for before lectures etc. That was about 600 odd Mb. But i also had some family guy, and they were maybe 50/60 Mb i think.

I ripped them from DVD, but be careful i think theres some sketchy law regarding ripping dvds (or in general - copyright maybe? i dunno.) to the ipod or something (or so i was informed a few weeks after). I actaully only use my ipod for music now though.

When I first got my ipod I ended up ripping stuff from DVD. Unfortunately it's quite a lengthy process. Also, most movies are in widescreen and look crap on the tiny screen, so TV stuff was better, cartoons like South Park, The Simpsons or Family Guy would be ideal.

Another problem was the fact that the battery only lasted for two hours in movie mode, although I think the new ones may be better.

There will probably be good films on your 13 hr flight won't there?

There's some programmes claiming to allow you to rip DVDs into a format that allows you to play them on iTunes (you can Google these fairly easily) , I think it's MP4 or something... either way, I can't tell you how many MBs a movie is, but, one 40 minute episode of House, in very high quality is around 350mb and a one-hour long TV programme in very high quality again is about 525mb. However, those are both in Windows Media format a one-hour long Flash Video ripped off YouTube using a programme I can't remember the name of is around 585mb.

All of these programmes were torrented off of fairly trust-worthy no-'registration needed' torrent sites so should be fairly easy to get your hands on, I'm pretty sure these sites also do movies, but, I'm not sure what the policies are on downloading stuff on this forum so I'll stop there.

That's all the info I can give you, sorry if it's not helpful.

When you use any of these programmes (Nero does it for one) you can set the quality and therefore size of the file. For use on a tiny ipod screen you can have the quality pretty low. A standard divx type 350mb size file for an hour long TV episode is much bigger than you would need for example.