aberdeen-music

beards

fatboy

Always been sideburns for me with the odd (as in occasional, NOT peculiar) goatee thrown in for good measure.

Between now and the first sign of summer I'm attempting a full on beard. I'm going to use David Snell's character of Ronnie from The Shield as my template.

cast_shield_david_snell.jpg

Wish me luck folks because as soon as I feel that my facial hair is trying to grow back in on itself I'll be tempted to get out the Remington fuzzaway and rid myslef of the damn thing!!

can you put up pics every other day to see how it progresses?

can you put up pics every other day to see how it progresses?

Alas, no! Not being in possession of a digital camera scuppers the documentaion of said beard's progress.

However, the growth to date (11 days) has received a number of compliments from some of the women at work:up: I would say hubba, hubba, hubba but they're all hounds.

beard%20styles.jpg

I'm loving the "Friendly Mutton Chops" and just plain, "Mutton Chops". The plain ones are clearly too aggressive to be deemed "Friendly".

An old chap came into Tesco yesterday with a perfect handlebar moustache - groomed to perfection. He looked well smug, and rightly so.:)

check out this guy who me and one of my friends saw when we took a road trip to ullapool. think he was a german tourist and he had the most impressive moustache i've ever seen. its like tusks or something!

419813959a5438176081l.jpg

i normally have a beard. i don't really like being clean shaven. last time i shaved was about seven weeks ago. im lucky i have a girlfriend who likes beards, although apparently my beard is getting a bit too big for her liking so i might have to reduce it to stubble or give it a trim sometime soon.

• 5 years later...

I whap the shaver on 2-3mm and run it over my face every couple of weeks but keep the 'tache and sidies a bit longer. I only ever wet shave my neck, because I'm thoroughly in the Joda Serk "shaving is a dickhead" camp. I did shave the whole thing off a few months ago, but I felt naked without it and looked like a stupid little boy. I'm a beard lifer now. My facial hair is too thick for me to do anything fancy with it, but that's okay, because fancy facial hair is for chuffs.

My face's balls haven't dropped yet. I doubt they ever will. I get patchy, whispy growth that looks awful. I'm prone to the 'Torry bam-tash' if I don't shave for a few days. I'm not particularly bothered about growing a beard, shaving is annoying though and I'd rather not do it, or at least find the quickest, least bothersome way to do it.

• Upvote 1