aberdeen-music

beards

fatboy

What are your thoughts about employers asking people to be clean shaven

I think it's understandable especially for my line of work.

As long as the beard is tidy and not in the stage of half grown where it looks untidy (see Exodus photos), there shouldn't be an issue, but you can never predict the perception of customers.

granted, I think employers catering about someones perception of a beard is unjust, compared to other equal rights they have to adhere by.

I think it's reasonable for an employer to enforce an 'image' policy on customer-facing staff in the retail sector, providing it's made known at the time the employee is offered the job.

I think employers enforcing that all facial hair is groomed and trimmed is fine. Demanding all staff to be clean shaven is a little far though. A well groomed bit of facial hair is no better or worse than clean shaven, in my opinion.

Besides, beards are totally hip now. It's no longer a token of laziness or a hatred of shaving.

@slootbags What about a less attractive dude with a great beard vs a clean-shaved good looking guy? are you swayed by the beard?

I am swayed by the beard, and (to me) usually guys look better with a beard.  Clean-shaven grosses me out a bit.  As do guys who shave their chest and belly hair :(