aberdeen-music

Robert The Bruce Statue

Guest Bob

The decision was made by the council before the designs were even revealed to the public. They'd just like us to believe we actually have a say in such things...And they'll have it outside their new offices at marischal college of course :up: Lets close the schools, pools, everything, but the renovation of this building is paramount. Vitally important to the people of Aberdeen that they have this magnificent building to do their crap, corrupt "job". Its really depressing that these people run our city.

You read far too much Evening Express.

The decision was made by the council before the designs were even revealed to the public..

That's 100% utter bollocks. Regardless of what "source" you heard that from it's simply not true.

And they'll have it outside their new offices at marischal college of course :up: ..

Name an alternative location where it could be placed? I reckon placing it outside the world's second largest granite building (Cooncil HQ or not) is a fitting tribute to Robert the Bruce.

Lets close the schools, pools, everything, but the renovation of this building is paramount. Vitally important to the people of Aberdeen that they have this magnificent building to do their crap, corrupt "job". Its really depressing that these people run our city..

Aye, remember the "people that run the city" will account for about 5% of the popoulation of the new office. the rest will be people like me who happen to work for the Council and just get on with their jobs regardless of all the "crap." I do agree that many of these people are complete muppets and it's deplorable they carry on in such high profile - high paid jobs when they cleary aren't coming up with the goods. Personally I'm just looking forward to getting out of this archaic tower block. It's embarrasing when the public come in to here and the lifts don't work and it's either freezing cold or roasting hot, there's not enough room to move in etc. etc. etc. The public deserve a first class Council office as do the staff who work there. It is gonna cost a fortune to rennovate Marischal, but if:

a) It's not gonna lie there decaying anymore - As mentioned the second largest granite building in the WORLD has just sat there rotting for many years. It needs to be sorted and if every taxpayer has to pay a few quid to subsidise it so be it.

b) It's gonna be a focal point of Aberdeen City Centre

c) I, along with hundreds of others, can work in comfort. The end of St Nicholas House destroying the landscpae from near and far is also a very good thing indeed.

d) It means it's an inviting building for the public to come in,

then I'm all for it.

In any case, I think the correct statue was picked - It's by a Scottish sculptor and to these eyes the pose is spot on, very "Freedom" style. It'll look even better twice life size.

people will always draw cocks on statues and put traffic cones on their heads, that's what statues are for.

See....now that's just wrong!

Why can someone, just for once, paint a big hairy fanny on a statue instead?

Come on folks, lets kick this blatant sexism into touch :up: