aberdeen-music

wombats - joy division song thing

framheim

jesus christ, isn't it just the shittest piece of crap you've ever heard? i didn't think it could get any worse then the childrens chorus came in and i almost cried with the pain of it all. someone should stab them in the ears with a fiery hot poker so they can never enjoy music again and then they'll know the true cost of the pain they've caused me.

Funnily enough I cry with pain every time I hear joy division.

What are you talking about anyway? You can't just start a thread about something and not even link to an example of it!

I take it you mean this:

YouTube - The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

I like it, mainly because it annoys joy division fans.

what do you mean i can't? i just did! :D

if you don't like joy division, you quite clearly are just wrong.

Guest Steven Dedalus
I think the Wombats are a great band.:)

I was all geared up to hate this, but I really liked it.

Christ. I hate myself.

Anyway...

Here Dave! Was that Joy Division one not out a year ago or something? Get with the programme!

Also, I quite liked that New York one, but I didn't like the rest of them, and it still makes me think that the years 1995 - 1998 and 2005 - 2008 will be considered two of the most barren period of music in British history in just a few years........

So yes, I did like that song, but I still hate everything else in the world.

I was all geared up to hate this, but I really liked it.

Christ. I hate myself.

Anyway...

Here Dave! Was that Joy Division one not out a year ago or something? Get with the programme!

Also, I quite liked that New York one, but I didn't like the rest of them, and it still makes me think that the years 1995 - 1998 and 2005 - 2008 will be considered two of the most barren period of music in British history in just a few years........

So yes, I did like that song, but I still hate everything else in the world.

it may well have been. i think i'd heard it before on the radio but i heard it again today while listening to adam and joe's radio show on the beebs iplayer and it made me mad. thankfully they also played nick cave and that made me glad.

a terrible song by every means. rubbish lyrics, namechecking a far better band for pseudoironic reasons and kids singing in the chorus. it's fucking awful.

x 10. They also make me feel sick. There are bread of bands at the moment that make me feel this way. On the matter of 6 music, have you ever listened to the presenters through the day? Some cringe worthy stuff. What's his face Lamb, in the morning, regularly gets the names of the live hub bands wrong. What an embarrassment. Too many industry bum suckers (even ones that try not to be are) on this station.

I do like to the Craig Charles Soul and Funk show.