aberdeen-music

Open Mic at Kilau Coffee

Old Gold

Open Mic at Kilau Coffee (Little Belmont Street) will be commencing on Sunday the 2nd of March, as close to 8pm as humanly possible, running until around 10.45.

It will be presented by resident bean-grinders Mark McCabe and Ry Walker, offering up the microphone (and acoustic guitars if so required) to those brave enough to seize the day. Feel free to bring poetry, comedy, lefty guitars and any other acoustic instruments along: We cannot make guarantees, but we'll try our best to accommodate (if in serious doubt, feel free to PM me to check)!

Also, definitely worth mentioning: Messieurs Eion and Craig have been kind enough to offer a free drink (Loads of coffees, teas, hot chocolate or available soft drinks) to those boys and girls with the stones to take to the mic. Arrive early, as time is kinda slim. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I lied before. The next Kilau open mic is on... Sunday 30th March!

First one was super good fun... really intimate and friendly. PLUS, We've got a nice new PA system (heck, I'll probably invest in new guitar strings too) to play with. So come help McCabe and I break it in good n proper.

Free drinks for performers too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...