aberdeen-music

FREE Aberdeen compilation CD to be released March 21st

Managed to get a copy in Drummonds yesterday, only had a cursory skip through most of it so far but putting aside the stuff Ive already got or been involved in (Fiction/Action, Kitchen Cynics, Kartta) the stand out tracks for me were The Phoenix Band and PVH. PVHs track reminded me a lot of Kling Klang. The Phoenix Band track just had a great hook that caught my ear, nice ska styled verse and cool laconic female vocal. Initially reminded me of Clinic for some reason. Whens their next gig, anyone know?

cheers bluesxman :up:, the phoenix band havent got anything scheduled in aberdeen at minute but have a few things in pipeline so will get it posted when there confirmed.

check out some more of the stuff at

MySpace.com - The Phoenix Band - Keith, Scotland - Other / Other / Other - www.myspace.com/thephoenixband

• 2 weeks later...

From today's Daily Record:

"It's free and proves that it's not only Fife, Glasgow and Edinburgh has all the talent. Album opener, The Little Kicks' Don't Give Up So Easily, proves why they are are on the list of Scotland's best new acts. Don't Give Up So Easily has the breezy ramshackle beauty of Babyshambles at their best.

Eddison's great synth rock Killer Scene tune is one we already know about.

Fiction/Action's Missing Control is a blend of Bauhaus and raw emo angst, while Flaming Katy's A Shot At Glory is a twitching new wave belter.

Other highlights include the Ska-influenced The Saint & The Satan from The Phoenix Band while Level Four's Furtherance ends the album with a swirl of rock pop. The FREE album is out now" - Rick Fulton

"It's free and proves that it's not only Fife, Glasgow and Edinburgh has all the talent. Album opener, The Little Kicks' Don't Give Up So Easily, proves why they are are on the list of Scotland's best new acts.

oh, your too kind..thanks daily record

Don't Give Up So Easily has the breezy ramshackle beauty of Babyshambles at their best.

erm, oh god,no!

Yeah I don't really see how it sounds like Babyshambles but at least they liked :)

i wasnt complaining - all press is always good but i have an absolute passionate hate for babyshambles

libertines - 1st album - great

babyshambles - dont get me started

sorry , only my opinion

i have a new hate tho in the kooks

they now annoy me more so at least they didnt compare us to the kooks like the NME did

sigh

i wasnt complaining - all press is always good but i have an absolute passionate hate for babyshambles

libertines - 1st album - great

babyshambles - dont get me started

sorry , only my opinion

i have a new hate tho in the kooks

they now annoy me more so at least they didnt compare us to the kooks like the NME did

sigh

Didn't the LK's support The Kooks in the Tunnes? The remnants of my fading memory seem to place you there.

Ouch, bet you don't highlight that one on the bands CV.

Didn't the LK's support The Kooks in the Tunnes? The remnants of my fading memory seem to place you there.

Ouch, bet you don't highlight that one on the bands CV.

aye, we did - at tunnels

they were good musicians etc but theyre first album got played to death and then theyre new stuff is doing same!

i dont think it is on our cv actually , usually me mention maximo, the rakes , editors and the kooks gets missed out

they were all in exodus after the gig and i have the guys number (luke) in my fone but ive never rung it. I was meant to find a party and some substances for them (he asked , i didnt offer) and ring him back but i was too pissed and went to bed.

maybe ill ring it now and tell him his band are annoying.

maybe not best idea.

or auction it off on ebay for screaming girls to bid on.