aberdeen-music

Damm Cineworld

kirkt

I actually generally enjoy going to the cinema, but I agree with a lot with this. Why exactly do people feel the need to eat at the cinema? Are you all fat bastards that can't stop eating for any extended period of time? Even if I, myself, were to eat a bag of crisps during a film I'd be annoyed by the noise, let alone becoming annoyed by other people doing the same thing. You've paid to see a film - so why not sit in silence and actually watch the damn thing? The talking about it is done in the pub afterwards - not during.

Customers don't buy / bring their food to feed their appetites, I think they do it just to piss the Cinema off. The amount of times I've cleaned a screen with unopened Pringles or bags of sweets and half eaten large bags of popcorn is unreal - newsflash, you can either eat the shit or take them with you! Most of the general public basically leave their brains at home before coming to see a film anyway so maybe it is not their fault (!) Still fucks me off everytime when I have someone holding a bag labelled 'Regular' and they ask "Is this a small?" What?! Err ... fuck off you cock! :swearing:

I also don't get people's compulsive need to talk during a film. If I wanted to hear your life-story I would ask, but since I don't care, I probably won't. And it annoys me, those who can't control their bladders for 2 hours and therefore have to get up and obscure my view with their big heads. Why not go before the film starts, or after, or even better: NOT drink all of that 3 mother-bitch-supersized bucket of coke in one go now theres an idea, dammit it might just work ...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of these complaints about noisy eating and talking have pretty much never happened to me. It seems most people could confuse themselves into believing it's their real 'pet hate' though.

Beebs, people aren't logical and aware all of the time. Disgruntled workers always fail to consider the relative perspective of themselves and customers - do your job like a proper drone. Besides, you've probably gone into a restaurant before and asked if the steak comes with chips..

Besides, you've probably gone into a restaurant before and asked if the steak comes with chips..

And I am sure that person to whom I talk to will get annoyed with me asking the question they would have heard from 10 people already. Plus, I will actually be embarrassed with myself afterwards since the menu will probably point out that my main does in fact come with either chips or potatos ... I defy you, KimyReizeger, not to get slightly annoyed by customers repeatedly asking questions such as these. It does take a lot not to say what you are really thinking to the customers.

I used to work in Virgin, the amount of people that used to come up to the counter and say "Do you have the new Stereophonics album" (that was an example). It was so tempting to just say "well why don't you go over the rock & pop section and look under 'S' you doss cunt". I'd have been fired though.

Plus it probably wouldn't have been under "S" since I quite often couldn't be bothered putting them on the shelves.

Still fucks me off everytime when I have someone holding a bag labelled 'Regular' and they ask "Is this a small?" What?! Err ... fuck off you cock! :swearing:

To be fair, isn't that partly because there's some confusion because the cinema usually doesn't have a small option, with "regular" being the smallest offering but still coming in at Andre the Giant size portions?

To be fair, isn't that partly because there's some confusion because the cinema usually doesn't have a small option, with "regular" being the smallest offering but still coming in at Andre the Giant size portions?

No there is a small option, with the bag saying 'small' on it aswell. They would probably hold the small bag and ask "is this a large?" And the sizes of drinks are really ridiculous - hats off to the person who can finish off a large coke, or otherwise called a supersize-tub of coke, in under 5 minutes

I defy you, KimyReizeger, not to get slightly annoyed by customers repeatedly asking questions such as these. It does take a lot not to say what you are really thinking to the customers.

Just sounds like you need a change when it gets to the point of wanting to punch customers. I've worked in restaurants and I always find the whingey staff more irritating; besides I'm always so useless at the job so as to welcome simple questions that I can actually answer. 'You're damn right we serve beer!'

I bought a large Sprite in Vue the other night for me and my girlfriend to share, thinking it would be the same size as a McDonalds large. Fucking thing was like a bucket, I needed two hands to carry it.

Yeah but you do have incredibly small Jeremy Beadle (RIP) style hands.

And anyway im guessing you paid for the tickets as well as the Sprite so you should have made her carry it.

Yeah but you do have incredibly small Jeremy Beadle (RIP) style hands.

And anyway im guessing you paid for the tickets as well as the Sprite so you should have made her carry it.

Actually I paid for the tickets but she paid for the Sprite cos I ran out of change. No in fact as I recall I asked for Sprite then we had a big argument at the desk over the merits of Sprite vs Diet Coke and I lost. We had a huge Diet Coke, not Sprite.

Actually I paid for the tickets but she paid for the Sprite cos I ran out of change. No in fact as I recall I asked for Sprite then we had a big argument at the desk over the merits of Sprite vs Diet Coke and I lost. We had a huge Diet Coke, not Sprite.

Diet Coke is shit, you should have stood your ground.

Just sounds like you need a change when it gets to the point of wanting to punch customers. I've worked in restaurants and I always find the whingey staff more irritating; besides I'm always so useless at the job so as to welcome simple questions that I can actually answer. 'You're damn right we serve beer!'

You raise a good point but you wouldn't by any chance be in a managerial position at the moment would you? Because you sound just like the ones I work for you know, be optimistic, smile and up-sell their products. Wow to have a business where the sun shines 24/7, rainbows in the clouds and bunnies running about, with doves chirping wonder what thats like

Guest idol_wild
I don't get people who can't sit through a 90 minute football match without pies, cola, tea, coffee etc. Here's an idea. Eat something before you go to the match, then I wont miss the last ten minutes of the first half with people walking past me and stepping on my toes on the way to the pie shop.

Eating is great.

Watching football is great.

Why not combine the two?