aberdeen-music

Primavera

RF Scott

Fuck ATP, check the lineup so far for Primavera this year! Tickets are only 95 euros, too! Went last year and ended up spending about the same/tiny bit more than I would at ATP/any other festival in the UK, only I was in Barcelona. For a week.

808 State, A Place To Bury Strangers, Alan Braxe, Animal Collective, Apparat Band, Dj Assault, Atlas Sound, Autolux, Awesome Color, Bill Callahan, Bishop Allen, Bob Mould Band, Bon Iver, Boris, Buffalo Tom, Caribou, Cat Power, Clipse, The Cribs, De La Soul, Deerhunter, Digital Mystikz, Dinosaur Jr., Dirty Projectors, Dr. Octagon aka Kool Keith + Kutmasta Kurt, Edan & MC Dagha, El Guincho, Ellen Allien, Enon, Eric's Trip, Fanfarlo, The Felice Brothers, Fuck Buttons, Dj Funk, Gentle Music Men, The Go! Team, Grande-Marlaska, Health, Holly Golightly & The Brokeoffs, It's Not Not, Kavinsky, Kinski, Les Savy Fav, Lightspeed Champion, Madee, Man Man, The Mary Onettes, Mary Weiss, The Marzipan Man, Menomena, Messer Chups, Midnight Juggernauts, Mission Of Burma, Mixmaster Mike, Model 500, MV & EE with The Golden Road, Nick Lowe, No Age, The Notwist, Okkervil River, Om, Para One, Pissed Jeans, Polvo, Port O'Brien, Portishead, Prinzhorn Dance School, Public Enemy performing It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back, Robert Hood, Rufus Wainwright, The Rumble Strips, Scout Niblett, Sebadoh, Shipping News, Silver Jews, Simian Mobile Disco, Six Organs Of Admittance, Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks, The Strange Death Of Liberal England, Subterranean Kids, Supermayer, Surkin, The Swell Season, Tachenko, Tarntula, Throbbing Gristle, Tiefschwarz, Tindersticks, Trd Grs och Stenar, Vampire Weekend, Vrtice, Voxtrot, White Williams, Why?, Young Marble Giants.

I am only the person who worries that they couldn't stand the heat at a music festival in Spain?

I was in the same boat as you, but thankfully they time the festival really well. Starts around 3/4 in the afternoon, and goes on until 4am or so. So, it's actually quite cool for the majority of the festival, at least by Spain's standards. The festival site is also right on the coast, too, so that helps.

gah. i really wish primavera would be at a more agreeable time of year for those of us blighted by exams/coursework submissions (then i guess they'd have to change the name of the festival, right?).

benicassim falls on my birthday this year.. but the line-up is still a little uninspiring if you ask me (i realise no-one asked me). i feel like primavera 2008 is mocking me with it's aceness... i mean.. POLVO! jeez.

looks like it'll be Indietracks for me this year.. indie-pop... on a train.. and in a church? with a bouncy castle? serious twee.