aberdeen-music

There Will Be Blood

SteveCrisis

Saw it at the weekend. What a captivating film and spell-binding performance by Daniel Day Lewis.

If you're not already aware: there is no dialogue for the opening 12-15 minutes of the film. Just a montage of action sequences leading up to the point where the story -line kicks in. This silent action sequence, accompanied by an eerie musiacal set-piece was spolied for be my some twat giving a running commentary to his partner.:swearing: There's always one.

The soundtrack is scored by Jonny Greenwood, and is very haunting throughout.

The oscars are in the bag for this film right across the board for this one, I reckon.

Go see it:up: :popcorn:

The oscars are in the bag for this film right across the board for this one, I reckon.

Or not. Not seen it yet myself, intend to go sometime this week. A friend of mine ended up going with his work, as a 'work outing'. Oil companies have such fun it would seem. He didn't like it but I'm still really looking forward to it.

D

Or not. Not seen it yet myself, intend to go sometime this week. A friend of mine ended up going with his work, as a 'work outing'. Oil companies have such fun it would seem. He didn't like it but I'm still really looking forward to it.

D

At least it got the gongs for best actor and cinematography and at least something meritorious as No Country For Old Men scooped the more salient categories it was nominated for.

Woudn't mind seeing both of these again.