aberdeen-music

FMA '08 - Best Extreme Act

The Ghost Of Fudge

Ok we'll just call it a difference of opinions and leave it at that then. Fair call. I realise by saying what i said i basically started a pointless argument.

Theres alot of "crust/noise terror whatever you want to call it" cos we get off our arses and organise gigs

Very true, and i/Cranial respect what you guys and other bands have been doing. I know that there is a small crust/grind scene in aberdeen because of you guys making one, and like i said we respect that. I/Cranial would like to get of our arses and do more gigs but not having a bassist has made us hold off doing them. Seeing how we the ones we have done havent gone well because of onstage sound problems/general sound issues(mainly due to lack of low end/poor guitar sound), and because we thought we would get a bassist before gigging. Having made five songs of our own now (6 including the one we're working on) we are getting fed up with not gigging because we dont have one. Seems like it'd be a waste of what we've worked on for the past few years, and we're also hoping it'll increase the chances of a bassist hearing us and wanting to join.

Ok we'll just call it a difference of opinions and leave it at that then. Fair call. I realise by saying what i said i basically started a pointless argument.

Very true, and i/Cranial respect what you guys and other bands have been doing. I know that there is a small crust/grind scene in aberdeen because of you guys making one, and like i said we respect that. I/Cranial would like to get of our arses and do more gigs but not having a bassist has made us hold off doing them. Seeing how we the ones we have done havent gone well because of onstage sound problems/general sound issues(mainly due to lack of low end/poor guitar sound), and because we thought we would get a bassist before gigging. Having made five songs of our own now (6 including the one we're working on) we are getting fed up with not gigging because we dont have one. Seems like it'd be a waste of what we've worked on for the past few years, and we're also hoping it'll increase the chances of a bassist hearing us and wanting to join.

It's a shame you guys dont do many gigs (i've missed the ones you did due to illness)...Theres a few bands that play without a bassist...as you say maybe if you get yourselfs out there you might get some bass player interest...just a suggestion.

No i was meaning either/or with the ridiculously fast/complicated/mind bending part. So it could just be fast/noisy, but that generally entails complicated if you dont want it to sound boring.

You obviously dont know/appreciate many extreme bands. cryptopsy anyone? their not complicated are they (haha) and their basically the epitomy of 'extreme drumming' which is the foundation of pretty much all guitar orientated extreme bands. Its like a new 'extreme' sport hence why its called 'extreme' music. unless your wanting to say anything even remotely heavy/shouty/harsh sounding is extreme, but that kinda destroys the achievements of real 'extreme' bands who have actually advanced metal/music,seeing how anybody can pick up a guitar,play loud and crap, shout down a mike and therefore be 'extreme'. Just my opinion of course. You could argue about how genres are defined till the end of time, people make up their own mind.

'but having lots of problems finding a bass player'

Your damn right about that. Try years of not finding anyone who is suitable/can keep up/ comes along to practice, maybe one day...........

ah says, does your band have one of them there spiky logos? I like spiky logo's me, i once tried to make my own spiky logo for my band at the time called intense tablature, we were damned intense, and by christ we were really technical- folk at one of our gigs were askin for slide rules and shit. Anyway the point i'm trying to make is that you're moaning about bands that esteemed rock promoters Fudge have selected to win a badge, and all the bands on the list have excellent spiky logos- but you're band has no logo- let alone aspiky logo, or is your logo so un-spikey that you are ashamed?

Thats what i'm talking about, Project Ven Hell have played loads of gigs all over the place, put a cd out and that and are pretty good, many a time they play somewhere and folk cant make out the bands name at all because the logo's so spikey.

See?

So what you should do in between wanking yourself silly over Kerrang and stinking out rooms at Captain Toms doing your so called "practicing" is getting a good spikey logo.

jesus, some folk have no clue.

sort that fucking spikey logo out, before you have a go at other bands with spikey logos.

Jesus, Bet you Brain puts a spikey logo on the trophy.

also cranial mind sounds like an episode of house, or an episode of speedo.

once you get the spikey logo sorted i'll be happy to offer some suggestions on song titles- to get you excited here are a few;

cludgey of sludge

i once read a science fiction book and i just cant let go

widdle in squiggle

My guitar is pointy

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Yet again, a thread takes a turn for the worse when that thick-as-mince Cranial gumby throws a pissy fit. Christ, at least I can have a laugh while making a point...

:up:

ok wtf, id already agreed that it was a difference of opinion. so all you fucks wantin to have a go at us for whatever reason you can eat my shit. No we dont have a spiky logo, i was talking about guitar orientated extreme bands,which tend to be metal influenced.

look in the dictionary at extreme

extreme [ik strm]

adj

1. great or intense: highest in intensity or degree

will withstand extreme pressure

2. not reasonable: going far beyond what is reasonable, moderate, or normal

an extreme reaction

the extreme right wing of the party

3. farthest out: farthest out, especially from the center

the extreme north of the country

4. severe: very strict or severe

extreme and costly security measures

5. leisure sports sensation-seeking: describes sports or leisure activities in which participants actively seek out dangerous or even life-threatening experiences

extreme skiing

highest in intensity, hmm didnt i say something like that earlier, but no the dictionary is wrong and your well thought out ideas and insults are right.......

i respect other bands doing well in aberdeen and i know PVH have worked hard and good on them, but they arent what could be referred to as 'extreme' hence my point which is why bother with an extreme category at all. Why not just have an alt rock category or sumthin.

Christ, at least I can have a laugh while making a point...

yeah that was a funny post, wel funny eh, what was your point exactly? that im thick as mince oh right yeah, wana compare IQ's? obviously opinions have alot to do with intelligence in this case............ thatl be why your all pissed off with me :up:

from wikipedia

'Extreme music is categorised as music that contains one or more elements that are abhorrent to the average listener (in some cases leading to debates as to whether certain artists' work can even be described as music). These may include: unusual tempos (very fast or very slow), unusual quantities of guitar distortion or white noise, excessive volume, highly obscene or violent lyrics (often in combination with an unusual vocal style, such as screams, barks, growls or heavy glitch distortion), dissonant or atonal scales and unusual, often jazz-based time signatures, very rapid and jarring changes of tempo or even genre, highly unusual song structures and lengths etc., '

'Common' extreme music styles

avant garde,Black metal,Breakcore,Death Metal,Doom Metal,Extreme Metal,Gabber, Grindcore,industrial Music,Lowercase,Mathcore,Noisegrind,Noise music, Power noise,Power violence,Speedcore, Thrash Metal, Hardcore Punk.

5. leisure sports sensation-seeking: describes sports or leisure activities in which participants actively seek out dangerous or even life-threatening experiences

extreme skiing

This is where PVH excel in their extreme extremosity, and thus they are more than eligible.

I think you'll just have to accept that what Fudge mean by Extreme is how quickly a bands sound/skiing skills will have a great granny shuffling for the exit, not what genre they conform to.

i respect other bands doing well in aberdeen and i know PVH have worked hard and good on them, but they arent what could be referred to as 'extreme'

Well they are if you look at the other 4 meanings of the word extreme that you posted.

i had already conformed about 3 posts ago! but no peeps have to keep trying to knock shit into my opinion, and im not gona sit back and let them(whoever they are) think that theyve 'shown me' when really all theyve shown me is how bitter and hateful this area is(i already knew that anyway). Cant even start any kinda discussion here without gettin your opinion discounted,disregarded and then being referred to as an idiot.(unless of course youve got an army of friends to back up your posts) Really does the majority make you right? like in Nazi Germany they were obviously right about the jews cuz they were majority?

'I think you'll just have to accept that what Fudge mean by Extreme is how quickly a bands sound/skiing skills will have a great granny shuffling for the exit, not what genre they conform to.'

most modern music would do that these days, we must be surrounded by 'extreme' music.....seriously though i cant believe no-one can see what i was tryin to say, your all to busy trying to take what ive said and make it into something else

'It does show his niavity though, do you really think "Metal" is the only genre with acts of an Extreme nature? oh dear, oh dear.'

when did i say that? i said for guitar orientated extreme bands yes, metal is the general influence, and can you deny that? are there more extreme bands that are doing metal or more that arent? IMO internationally theres more metal orientated extreme but who could ever really know without doin a bloody survey or sumthin.

but dont worry i know my OPINION is wasted here as usual, i wont be posting again.