aberdeen-music

FMA '08 - Best Extreme Act

The Ghost Of Fudge

ah another extreme(ly not extreme) fudge award. ace. wish proper extreme bands came this far north, then we'd see less of an its-loud-and-noisy-so-its-extreme attitude. extreme music is supposed to be about extreme PLAYING, i.e ridiculously fast/complicated/mind bending drums/guitars, not extreme haircuts/vocal effects/two note riffs.

ah another extreme(ly not extreme) fudge award. ace. wish proper extreme bands came this far north, then we'd see less of an its-loud-and-noisy-so-its-extreme attitude. extreme music is supposed to be about extreme PLAYING, i.e ridiculously fast/complicated/mind bending drums/guitars, not extreme haircuts/vocal effects/two note riffs.

Eh? Extreme music has to be complicated?

Get your finger out and do something about it if you feel so strongly.

what a load of tosh.

'Eh? Extreme music has to be complicated?'

No i was meaning either/or with the ridiculously fast/complicated/mind bending part. So it could just be fast/noisy, but that generally entails complicated if you dont want it to sound boring.

'what a load of tosh.'

You obviously dont know/appreciate many extreme bands. cryptopsy anyone? their not complicated are they (haha) and their basically the epitomy of 'extreme drumming' which is the foundation of pretty much all guitar orientated extreme bands. Its like a new 'extreme' sport hence why its called 'extreme' music. unless your wanting to say anything even remotely heavy/shouty/harsh sounding is extreme, but that kinda destroys the achievements of real 'extreme' bands who have actually advanced metal/music,seeing how anybody can pick up a guitar,play loud and crap, shout down a mike and therefore be 'extreme'. Just my opinion of course. You could argue about how genres are defined till the end of time, people make up their own mind.

'but having lots of problems finding a bass player'

Your damn right about that. Try years of not finding anyone who is suitable/can keep up/ comes along to practice, maybe one day...........

No i was meaning either/or with the ridiculously fast/complicated/mind bending part. So it could just be fast/noisy, but that generally entails complicated if you dont want it to sound boring.

You obviously dont know/appreciate many extreme bands. cryptopsy anyone? their not complicated are they (haha) and their basically the epitomy of 'extreme drumming' which is the foundation of pretty much all guitar orientated extreme bands. Its like a new 'extreme' sport hence why its called 'extreme' music. unless your wanting to say anything even remotely heavy/shouty/harsh sounding is extreme, but that kinda destroys the achievements of real 'extreme' bands who have actually advanced metal/music,seeing how anybody can pick up a guitar,play loud and crap, shout down a mike and therefore be 'extreme'. Just my opinion of course. You could argue about how genres are defined till the end of time, people make up their own mind.

'but having lots of problems finding a bass player'

Your damn right about that. Try years of not finding anyone who is suitable/can keep up/ comes along to practice, maybe one day...........

there's more to being extreme than playing fast/complicated shit. i like plenty of 'extreme' bands, just probably not the same ones you do. meh.

edit: reading this back, i realise that i'm sounding like a fucking dick. "there's more to being extreme". jesus, someone shoot me.

All this over a fudge award? - Har har har. Here's to Aberdeen?!

Fun? Fun? Fun!

Yes!

This is fun?

IMO which is all i canr eally say, so if you disagree great its nothing new to me. I consider a band that plays fast AND complicated to be more extreme than a band that just plays fast, but i guess thats cause im into lots of brutal death.not crust or grind or whatever. I must have some kind of a point or you folks wouldnt be gettin so pissed off by my OPINION.

coming from the dude thats been on the block for two minutes and does/attends absolutely fuck all for the noise/grind/extreme scene

arsehole

well we've actually been around for a few years now, but seeing how we cant find anyone who can actually play bass as well as they think they can, we havent made our prescence felt. What exactly you think i can do for the scene in aberdeen i dont know, seeing how fuck all of it is actual death . lots of crust/noise terror whatever you want to call it but very little straight up brutal tech death metal. So if anyone actually was playing the sort of shit id go out and buy id support it. And as far as im aware theres like 3 or 4 grind/extreme/death bands in aberdeen, hardly much of a 'scene' i suppose you can pretend though.

about the cryptopsy/ extreme music being a "sport" for being tech and fast.....i wasn't aware extreme music had to be of the drums, guitars and vocals combination.

noise anyone? far more "extreme" than cryptopsy any day.

Depends on your opinion of what 'extreme' music is, like i said my idea of extreme music involves extreme playing i.e deeds of flesh, inveracity, lust of decay, cryptopsy, and feature lots of tech elements. I dont mean it ALL has to be fast and complicated just that the music will(at some point) contain fast and complicated parts. Obviously by guitar orientated extreme bands i mean guitars,drums,bass,vocals.

and why people get so pissed off with my opinion i dont know, theres absolutely no reason to call me an asshole, if you think im wrong great, but dont pretend you know what im like at all just from the opinions i present.

well we've actually been around for a few years now, but seeing how we cant find anyone who can actually play bass as well as they think they can, we havent made our prescence felt. What exactly you think i can do for the scene in aberdeen i dont know, seeing how fuck all of it is actual death . lots of crust/noise terror whatever you want to call it but very little straight up brutal tech death metal. So if anyone actually was playing the sort of shit id go out and buy id support it. And as far as im aware theres like 3 or 4 grind/extreme/death bands in aberdeen, hardly much of a 'scene' i suppose you can pretend though.

The scene is what you make of it.Theres not much of a death scene because nobodies doing anything about it.Put on a show, show people what they been missing out on.

Theres alot of "crust/noise terror whatever you want to call it" cos we get off our arses and organise gigs. if you want "straight up brutal tech death metal" go on myspace and ask some bands from Glasgow, Dundee, Edinburgh if they want to play a gig. here.

simple.

Depends on your opinion of what 'extreme' music is, like i said my idea of extreme music involves extreme playing
well Bri and the rest of Fudge's idea is what in the poll.

so nobody should be arguing.

case closed.