aberdeen-music

Neil Young - Wanted

stoney_stu

Why would anybody sell them to you when they could sell them on ebay?

Because eBay is full of scammers and the one characteristic of tickets that renders a sale vulnerable to complete failure, is that they are time-bound.

If someone sold their tix 3-7 days before the gig on eBay and didn't get paid, by the time it was sorted out, it's highly unlikely that they'd successfully sell them again in time - not at the same price of the bogus sale anyway.

Cash in hand has to be better than the promise of payment (minus all the rip-off fees), particularly with an item that has finite value.

Agreed on all counts, but realisticly your chances of some altruistic individual offering you their tickets on here for face value when they are going for 400 quid a pair on ebay are slim to nil.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Ah, I'm in on this one as well and we don't expect to pay anything near face value. Stuart and I are fucking minted and will pay top dollar for the right tix.

Maybe my acoustic-loving friend should have pointed that out.

The prices have dropped a wee bit since the initial eBay panic buys - 350-ish is the going rate for a pair.

And it'll drop further the closer the gig gets, as the carpet-bagging hold-outs realise their gravy train is about to come off the rails very quickly.

It's amazing how many ticket holders suddenly have meetings/functions/whatever "they can't get out of" - even MONTHS before a sell-out gig.

Funny that.

Now no cunt'll want to sell us the tickets :laughing:

Ps : Stu - Bigsby loves Mark Knopfler more than you love Neil Young!

Ps : Stu - Bigsby loves Mark Knopfler more than you love Neil Young!

Yup, that's why I've already got my front row tickets for Knopfler's gig at the Playhouse in May. :up:

If you don't get any I would say it would be worth going down to the gig anyway, you might get a couple outside the gig on the night.

Yup, that's why I've already got my front row tickets for Knopfler's gig at the Playhouse in May. :up:

If you don't get any I would say it would be worth going down to the gig anyway, you might get a couple outside the gig on the night.

That's the plan!

Knopfler is a phenomenal guitarist, but has the same Achilles Heel as that other great British guitarist, Gary Moore - he feels the need to sing!

Well its my daughters fault I never got tickets, I was in Belgium watching Bruce Springsteen when they announced the gig, and tickets went on sale... my daughter heard about it ... but the selfish wee minker never thought of telling her old man!! So thats her out of her inheritance! I'm spending it on another guitar!

• 2 weeks later...
So did you guys make it along in the end? Apparently it was pretty awesome.

We did thanks - and were officially first through the door. I managed to secure us some good Circle seats for not too much over face value.

Yep - the gig was indeed awesome. I've always liked NY (not as much as Stu, who actually loves the guy), but my respect for him has gone right through the Stratosphere following that gig!

The gig was basically three parts: -

1. His wife Pegi did a bog-standard, competent C&W set with NY's band.

2. NY came shambling on, dressed in a linen suit and wandered about the stage like a doddery old man. He had an array of acoustic guitars which he seemed to select at random. going through a solo repertoire of songs old and new. He hardly said a single word and feigned shock whenever the crown cheered. He shambled off again for a 20-min interlude.

I thought "what the fuck?"...and then his guitar tech fired up "Old Black" and I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!

3. He came back on with the band and blew the roof off the place with an electric set - what a TONE!

More experience than gig. Fantastic.

Solo Acoustic

From Hank To Hendrix

Ambulance Blues

Sad Movies

A Man Needs A Maid

Try

Harvest

After The Gold Rush

Mellow My Mind

Love Art Blues

Don't Let It Bring You Down

Heart Of Gold

Old Man

Electric

Mr. Soul

Dirty Old Man

Spirit Road

Down By The River

Hey Hey, My My

Too Far Gone

Oh, Lonesome Me

The Believer

Powderfinger

No Hidden Path

Encore

Fuckin' Up

Cinnamon Girl

All

I need this bootleg also!

It was a really special gig, I recently saw Bruce Springsteen who was just bloody amazing, that was in Antwerp in a 9000 seater concrete stadium, which is a bit like the Manchester Arena size.. but seeing someone like Neil Young in the Playhouse which seats around 2000 I'd guess, is just that much better, as you can actually see what he is doing and the acoustics were superb.

To me Neil is the best singer songwriter ... who else has a back catalogue as good?.. maybe Dylan ... but he is not rock enough for my taste...

:-)

OK, I'll get it for you. If Diesel & French Disko each PM me with your address I'll download it and post you copies, Diesel you can then give Stu a copy at band practise. :)

But you should really try and get signed up to Dime, it takes perseverance, but it's worth it, loads of great shows on there.

OK, I'll get it for you. If Diesel & French Disko each PM me with your address I'll download it and post you copies, Diesel you can then give Stu a copy at band practise. :)

But you should really try and get signed up to Dime, it takes perseverance, but it's worth it, loads of great shows on there.

you sir, are a star!

i owe you a pint.

Good man!

OK, I've got it now, I had hoped to get the discs burnt in time to post them today but it didn't happen. It may well be Monday now, I'll see how it goes. Or I may just drop french disko's off, as he lives near me.

Apropo of nothing but this was one of the fastest downloads ever for me, 800+MB in 24 mins, an average of something like 600kbps.