aberdeen-music

Washburn Mg-42 Guitar for sale..

JaYsus

I am selling my electric guitar, i have owned it from new it is about 7 or 8 years old. It has not been used in the last 2 years, basically sat in its padded bag and stored. I have no space for it anymore with my growing collection of bass equipment.

So...... i am looking to sell it.

Specs about the guitar :

Tobacco Sunburts colour ( as seen in pics)

24 frets

double locking floyd rose tremolo (i no longer have the tremolo bar as i always used it blocked off)

Twin Humbucker Pickups

3 Position Pick Up selector

Volume and Tone Controls

Washburn Strat Body Shape

I am sure a tremolo bar could be bought cheaply locally or off the bay.

I mostly used this guitar for metal / Hardcore / Rock styles of music and it sounds fantastic. I have not had it in an amp for over 2 years so the electrics may need attention i however plugged it into a Zoom pedal with headphones and it all seems to work fine.

There are a couple of scratches / dings to the body that i have shown in the pictures.

I will also include a Ritter Padded Guitar Bag it is in mint condition.

All everything really needs is a good dust.

Looking for 75

f166_1.jpg

1988_1.jpg

274b_1.jpg

0c39_1.jpg

fe49_1.jpg

I'd well have this if it didn't have a Floyd bloody Rose on it.

I just cannot get my head around floating trems.

yeah this is the only guitar i owned that had one, i blocked it off with a bit of wood, which is really easy to do. Makes life very easy that way!

• 1 year later...
I'd well have this if it didn't have a Floyd bloody Rose on it.

I just cannot get my head around floating trems.

I used to have an MG-42 like this one but green. The Floyd Rose was an absolute nightmare I ended up punting it to Cash Converters for 90 cos I hated the thing. They then tried to sell it for 330 :laughing: I laughed muchly, because the electronics were fucked as well and it wasn't even worth the 90 I got from them.

Is the guitar still up for sale?

Hi, thanks for the interest in my guitar. I have spent some cash and tlc on it recently and it is back to working amazing again. I have blocked off the floyd rose again, via a more professional job.

This has now turned into a total work horse of a guitar and therefore is not for sale anymore, espically not at the 75 I was going to sell it for.

I do have an Epiphone Flying V for sale with seymour duncan in the bridge.... if interested.

Cheers

Jay

I used to have an MG-42 like this one but green. The Floyd Rose was an absolute nightmare I ended up punting it to Cash Converters for 90 cos I hated the thing. They then tried to sell it for 330 :laughing: I laughed muchly, because the electronics were fucked as well and it wasn't even worth the 90 I got from them.

CC really do know knob-all about guitars. They probably know knob-all about everything they sell when you come to think of it. I tried selling them a Pacifica with an EMG set in it. They would not integrate the pickups into the price, and offered me 40 for it, so they could sell it for about 120 (with "thats how much a Pacifica is on ebay" as their reasoning) even though the pickup set costs about 100 more than that, on its own. He asked me "How do I know they are upgrades?" which "Because they say EMG on them, and here in this box are the original parts". "I don't even know what that means. So, 40..." he said. What a professional.

Worst shop.

I've managed to get a few bargains in cash converter due to them not really having a clue. Got a now discontinued boss DD-5 delay pedal for 30. When they first came out they were around 140 and they seem to go for around a hundred on ebay.

The cash converter in glasgow was selling second hand behringer stomp boxes for about 25 - 30. You can get them new for about 15.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

When i went in with my Washburn the first thing the guy said to me was "the guy who deals with the instruments is off today and i don't really know anything about guitars". My eyes lit up, as if he did, he might have noticed it needed completely set-up from scratch, re-wired and re-fretted. When i plugged

It into the shop amp the selector switch and the volume knob crackled, which i told him was 'dust on the pick-ups'. :laughing: Goon. I could see the instrument guy coming in the next day and going 'wtf'?

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Mind you they got me back when i sold them my decks a couple years back :swearing: That day i came out of there and i swore i would never give them another penny. They know that if you're taking your stuff in there you need the cash desperately, or you would be selling it in the papers or something instead. So they offer you a pittance, knowing that you really need the cash and will end up taking it. They're parasites who feed off people's misfortune. Death to then.

That pawn shop further up george street (Aberdeen Pawn Brokers I think its called), does it have a bit through the back with more stuff or is its entire stock whats in the window? Which is normally along the lines of a couple of guitars, a fishing rod, an ornamental dog, a cd player from the 90s and a samurai sword.

I too am kinda gutted that this isn't for sale anymore. 75? I would have had that in a shot!

BTW I worked in CC for a couple of weeks, and let me tell you if you go in there to sell something they will fist your arse! Bunch of shady cunts, stay away from there even if you're desperate.