aberdeen-music

Panda Eyes live acoustic session

TR!ΔNGL€ T€€TH

Hello everyone,

This link here: LINK is to the podcast from Original 106 Fm, where we played two songs and got interviewed.

We're not too keen on getting feedback about the interview (Marie-Claire's banter is always amazing), but we'd like to see what folk thought of the tunes. It was also our new bass player Sarah's first performance with us.

Again, I'd recommend any local band to get in touch with Andy about a session.

I actually quite liked it, which is a big leap for me because I used to properly hate your band... no offence. :angel: I had another listen to your songs on Myspace as well, which I haven't done in probably the best part of a year, and I actually quite enjoyed it. (I assume they are different songs? I only recognised Five String Serenade from last time, which coincidentally or otherwise is the only one currently up that I don't like).

It's still probably not something I would listen to much, but that's more down to my taste in music than your sound. You sound much, much better to me than you did last time I heard you, which must have been about April or May in the Moorings. So yeah I guess now if anyone was to say to me "What are Panda Eyes like?" I would say "They're nae bad actually", as opposed to "I hate them". Which is a step in the right direction I suppose.

So yeah, consider one of your biggest detractors won over. Thumbs up :up:

I actually quite liked it, which is a big leap for me because I used to properly hate your band... no offence. :angel: I had another listen to your songs on Myspace as well, which I haven't done in probably the best part of a year, and I actually quite enjoyed it. (I assume they are different songs? I only recognised Five String Serenade from last time, which coincidentally or otherwise is the only one currently up that I don't like).

It's still probably not something I would listen to much, but that's more down to my taste in music than your sound. You sound much, much better to me than you did last time I heard you, which must have been about April or May in the Moorings. So yeah I guess now if anyone was to say to me "What are Panda Eyes like?" I would say "They're nae bad actually", as opposed to "I hate them". Which is a step in the right direction I suppose.

So yeah, consider one of your biggest detractors won over. Thumbs up :up:

Yaldy, I'm glad you took the time to be actually won over. I think this is another good reinforcement of why the band is changing it's style. The songs are different from last year; I can imagine them changing at some point soon again to give a better representation as to how we're actually sounding at the moment.

Though, I still think Five String Serenade still sounds ace, especially since it was recorded on a cassette 4 track. :p

Panda Eyes have long been in the musical pidgeonhole of "I should see them one time", but I haven't ever got round to it.

I must confess the first tune you did on Original 106, although decent enough, wasn't amazing. Infact, I found myself thinking "I could have written that" - which is pretty much the nail in the coffin for any self-respecting musician...

'No Way Back', though, is an absolute scorcher of a song. Actually, I love it. I'm in love with it. Count me in for the 12th, I'm looking forward to it.

Panda Eyes have long been in the musical pidgeonhole of "I should see them one time", but I haven't ever got round to it.

I must confess the first tune you did on Original 106, although decent enough, wasn't amazing. Infact, I found myself thinking "I could have written that" - which is pretty much the nail in the coffin for any self-respecting musician...

'No Way Back', though, is an absolute scorcher of a song. Actually, I love it. I'm in love with it. Count me in for the 12th, I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks for the feedback; it's always to go hear what people think, good or bad.

Thanks for the feedback; it's always to go hear what people think, good or bad.

No bother at all. On second listen, the first song is good too, I just didn't want to be appearing to kiss arse... I'm very much looking forward to hearing the whole band. :love:

I also heartily agree with what you said about the Moorings - it's a common misconception folks have about the place.