aberdeen-music

accoustic bass guitar (wanted)

stevealex35

• 1 year later...
Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
There is some on ebay - Not totally silly prices either for some.

Dunno how they'd sound though.

I bought a cheapo acoustic bass of ebay, and got what i paid for - it sounded balls.

I bought an acoustic Washburn AB10, which sounds sweet as..... Used it for a couple of acoustic gigs, and it's good for just picking up in the house etc.

I'm nae selling it though!

The trouble with acoustic bass guitars is that the cheapy ones you can pick up from ebay for less than a hundred notes are usually small bodied short scale affairs which lack the projection to be heard over even a couple of acoustic guitars, not to mention the fact that they are poorly constructed, poorly finished and play so horribly that you'll only want to use them to fuel the campfire.

If you spend the amount you need to for a long scale, jumbo bodied, reasonably constructed acoustic bass, then you won't want to take it for outdoor singalongs for fear of it getting damaged/nicked. There's no way I'd be taking my Takamine for "jamming around outdoors".

Quandary.

I bought a cheapo acoustic bass of ebay, and got what i paid for - it sounded balls.

I bought an acoustic Washburn AB10, which sounds sweet as..... Used it for a couple of acoustic gigs, and it's good for just picking up in the house etc.

I'm nae selling it though!

Bummer.

I wouldnt mind an ABG but i cant justify buying one just now.

I can live with sticking my bass though my laptop for general faffing. For now anyway. :p