aberdeen-music

[GIG] Dimitrij @ East Neuk

johnathan

You're not allowed to stand still with your arms crossed at gigs like that. You must spontaneously form human pyramids, flail your arms around like a person with a severe case of Parkinson's Disease and shout in-phrases like "teckle" at the top of your voice at every opportune moment.

Any behavior out with that is deemed unacceptable and clearly means you aren't enjoying yourself enough.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not allowed to stand still with your arms crossed at gigs like that. You must spontaneously form human pyramids, flail your arms around like a person with a severe case of Parkinson's Disease and shout in-phrases like "teckle" at the top of your voice at every opportune moment.

He's right you know. That was about all the gig lacked, a nice pyramid. Or a rowing boat.

He's right you know. That was about all the gig lacked, a nice pyramid. Or a rowing boat.

Don't get me wrong, i've got nothing against that sort of stuff but by the same token people mocking others for enjoying a gig their way (standing with their arms crossed) is laughable. Arms crossed or flailing around, so long as people are having fun thats the main thing.

Any behavior out with that is deemed unacceptable and clearly means you aren't enjoying yourself enough.

How could I forget, you are against people expressing themselves at hardcore gigs :D

meh, I know I prefer playing to people who look like they are having fun (doesnt happen often mind :p )

man, i dont care either way to be totally honest. people can do what they like!

where people come and give the music that arent familiar with a time of day (as opposed to hanging about outside gabbing to their mates/kissing the arse of some local scenester) i regard that as a mark of respect and common courtesy

if people are into it and having a bit of fun/heckling etc then even better. lightens the atmosphere a bit (particularly if the band are glum/people in the venue looking miserable) and gets a bit of heat going :D

man, i dont care either way to be totally honest. people can do what they like!

where people come and give the music that arent familiar with a time of day (as opposed to hanging about outside gabbing to their mates/kissing the arse of some local scenester) i regard that as a mark of respect and common courtesy

if people are into it and having a bit of fun/heckling etc then even better. lightens the atmosphere a bit (particularly if the band are glum/people in the venue looking miserable) and gets a bit of heat going :D

Totally, if people spent less time postulating about who's more "scene" or "underground" and more time enjoying the fact that we have some cool wee venues and some pretty good and affordable gigs going on in Aberdeen then i'm sure everyone would be happier.

I didn't go because i thought Dimitrij sounded a bit too much like Waterdown (Never Kill The Boy On The First Date-era) and while i enjoyed that band 7 years ago their style/sound hasn't aged well. Sounds like it went well though.