aberdeen-music

[GIG] Dimitrij @ East Neuk

johnathan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup good band and good people. the new LP is tres sweet

im doing them on the wednesday with Kaddish, Sunset Squad and Black Channels (ampere/jeromes worship featuring allergo/mesa verde members) so there is maybe potential that Kaddish do both

Maxi - Got a link to that black channels?? That will take my Scottish skramz band tally up to i think 4 (mesa/kaddish/archives/black channels). EDIT2: got the black channels stuff... its cool. The vocals are mega low in the mix though.

Just listened to the 'set light, our kingdom' (i feel there should be a comma) track. the vocals are ok although they are far too high in the mix... I'm not sure if its the drumming, but it just doesn't seem very tight.

If kaddish came up i'll even more definetly be heading down.

Kinda gutted we're not playing this now... alas, Calum's fishmongering beckons. :down:

EDIT: ask S W O R D M A S T E R to play

' date=' post: 449098"']Maxi - Got a link to that black channels?? That will take my Scottish skramz band tally up to i think 4 (mesa/kaddish/archives/black channels). EDIT2: got the black channels stuff... its cool. The vocals are mega low in the mix though.

Just listened to the 'set light, our kingdom' (i feel there should be a comma) track. the vocals are ok although they are far too high in the mix... I'm not sure if its the drumming, but it just doesn't seem very tight.

There shouldn't be a comma. Also stop "collecting" skramz(zzzzzz) bands, you credibility hound!

There shouldn't be a comma. Also stop "collecting" skramz(zzzzzz) bands, you credibility hound!

beats stamps, ye cunt. besides, i was merely showing my disappointment in the fact that there aren't more.

Why shouldn't there be a comma? surely it should be 'set light to our kingdom' then?

as far as I know, skramz started out as a jokey word used by people to describe raging/scatty screamo (in the true sense of the word) as opposed to what people call s****o these days. people usually call the likes of shikari, louise cyphre, jeromes dream "skramz" as opposed to daitro, belle epoque, suis la lune etc who would be "screamo". in my eyes they are all punk bands but meh. it all sounds the bloody same and all of the chord progressions, playing styles and vocal deliveries are pretty much the same

I dont really mind the word skramz, lots of precious people seem to get wound up by it. people only seem to whinge about it more nowadays because more people use it. good old DIY ethos of "if people know about it, its automatically uncool"

I dont mind it because it rhymes with "jamz" and I can write it on a poster in the form of "skramz jamz" and it doesnt take up space :D

I dont understand what you are trying to imply, I am obviously thick

I don't like your TONE..... ;) (in case you don't get that i wasn't talking about the tone of your set-up, i was talking about the tone of your post but in a subtle way i thought i'd relate that to your often boring/constant yammering about TONE).