aberdeen-music

Planet Rock to close

jester1470

Just received this and thought it might be of interest to some people - Planet Rock the DAB radio station is most liely to close, the parent company has decided to shut it up, despite it being profitable. I know there are a lot of people on here who will scoff ast the likes of a radio station like Planet Rock, but equally there may be some who are interested:

"Hi all,

I talked to Trevor White, programme controller at the station and both he and all the staff are bitterly disappointed at today's news. Planet Rock has been achieving great ratings in the last year and the decision to sell them off was made by their parent company who are undergoing financial restructuring.

I find it incredulous that in these days of a huge resurgence in interest in classic rock that one of the pioneering digital stations is being forced to close in the next 6 weeks unless they find a new owner.

If it closes it will be a huge loss to rock music fans worldwide and both myself and Trevor feel this is worth making a noise about.

What we would like you to do is write into your local papers and music press, contact your local radio stations and write to your MP's to bring it to their attention and to let them know there are thousands of rock music fans out there who want to be able to hear the music they want to hear!

Rock music programming has been decimated over the years on national radio and on FM stations in general.It's time we made a stand.

We are putting together a campaign that will be supported on my tour in March and with two new Fish programmes being recorded for March you can bet your bottom dollar that I will be making my opinion heard.

I'll bring you more news when I get it but for now it's time to let our voices be heard!

Save our Planet Rock!!!

lots of love

Fish"

Fingers crossed they find a buyer :)