aberdeen-music

Stapleton

davewarden

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good luck on the chez chef cd, I lost mine and havent been able to get another copy since

on the enjoyment of pleasant places and rebuild the pier should be your next stops if you like that ep. Both are amazing. Then hug the coast is well worth purchasing after, it is a bit of a direction change though. is much more refined and more produced pop music. I used to absolutely love it, and it was my album of 2005(6?) but have since grown a bit tired with it. still a good album though.

even though they have split, a new album is due out this year, which also features a re-recorded chez chef.

Unpleasant Places reminds me of Braid, Hug The Coast reminds me of Death Cab.

I like ...Unpleasant Places most, then Rebuilding The Pier and then Hug The Coast. Their EPs are pretty good, but i prefer the albums.

I get the Braid comparison but i don't hear Death Cab in Hug The Coast at all o_O Everyone one hears stuff differently though i guess.

• 2 months later...

Hallo.

The new Stapleton album 'Rest And Be Thankful' is released this coming Monday (the 12th of May, 2008) on Xtra Mile Recordings (Jonah Matranga, Frank Turner, Dartz! etc.) and will be available from the usual sourced - good record stores and all over the internet.

:)

Hallo.

The new Stapleton album 'Rest And Be Thankful' is released this coming Monday (the 12th of May, 2008) on Xtra Mile Recordings (Jonah Matranga, Frank Turner, Dartz! etc.) and will be available from the usual sourced - good record stores and all over the internet.

:)

pre ordered last week and waiting patiently for it to arrive on my doorstep :love:

A tour to coincide perhaps...?

Guest idol_wild
(...but not on the 25th of May. :()

...but this album will be getting had. I look forward to next Monday.

It's funny 'cos I was gonna see if they fancied being included on the Be A Familiar / Kartta / Y'all Is Fantasy Island bill on the 25th.

But nay, it seems. Oh well.

stapleton tour dates;

6th of July - Dundee, City Function Suite

8th of July - Glasgow, Nice n Sleazies

9th of July - Leeds, Packhorse

10th of July - Kingston, New Slang @ The Works

11th of July - TBC

12th of July - Newport, Le Pub

13th of July - Middlesbrough, Doctor Browns

Can't make Dundee of Glasgow : \