aberdeen-music

Nouvelle Vague at Moshulu

Guest bluesxman

Guest bluesxman

Anyone else go?

I thought Nouvelle Vague were superb, band was tight as a gnats chuff. The less dark haired girl seemed slightly demented though. Maybe she was actually slightly pissed. Ordinarily I would cringe at the thought of cover versions of many of the songs they do, but for some reason they just work, I think its the Gallic cool thing, a band from Britain doing the same thing would likely be awful.

The support act Gabriella Cilmi was certainly a fine singer as well, although most of her stuff was not my kind of thing. The song she said was her single was pretty catchy like, and strangely enough I caught it in passing on a music channel the next afternoon with a full band.

Great night spoiled somewhat by toilet water from above dripping on me at the end, minky as hell, in addition to sticky carpet. First time Ive been in ages, almost couldnt move away from the bar by the time Id been served. Venue is a complete shit-hole.

i thought the band were great and of a really high level of musicianship too

drummer was outstanding

as for the other issues,

the sound was great i thought, the problem was the people who talked really loudly through all the quiet bits - why pay 18 a ticket then chatter?

layout is also something i wouldnt fault apart form maybe the stage could be higher to improve visibility at sold out gigs - lemon tree pillars were much worse

im not against talking at gigs or anything like that, its fine as it is after all a social event

just felt a little bit for the band during the quiet build ups when they were changing pace and people seemed to talk over it

anyway,

moshulu is set for a refurb very soon and these problems and issues dont go un-noticed.

Id like it to happen as much as you do

x

Guest bluesxman

I was at front right by the stairs, I thought the sound was pretty good. We deliberately picked a spot early on as unless you are close to the front you will see naff all. The level of background chatter right through the gig was pretty unreal. Most annoying was a group of about 3 or 4 young bints who turned up at the top of the stairs beside us about 3 songs from the end and proceeded to chatter inanely.

i thought the band were great and of a really high level of musicianship too

drummer was outstanding

as for the other issues,

the sound was great i thought, the problem was the people who talked really loudly through all the quiet bits - why pay 18 a ticket then chatter?

layout is also something i wouldnt fault apart form maybe the stage could be higher to improve visibility at sold out gigs - lemon tree pillars were much worse

im not against talking at gigs or anything like that, its fine as it is after all a social event

just felt a little bit for the band during the quiet build ups when they were changing pace and people seemed to talk over it

anyway,

moshulu is set for a refurb very soon and these problems and issues dont go un-noticed.

Id like it to happen as much as you do

x

THIS WASNT FLIS!!!

THIS WAS ME

SHE WAS LOGGED IN AT YE OLDE MOSHULU OFFICE AND ID DIDNT NOTICE

SORRY FLIS

X

I thought NV were excellent - a great band to watch and listen to. They were very tight and great vocals throughout.

Gotta agree with the comments about the chat though - really had to listen hard during quieter songs like Enola Gay to try and pick them out above the crowd noise. Just don't get why people pay that money and then talk all the way through the bands - there was a group in front of us who seemed to spend 90% of the gig chatting and facing away from the stage?!?!

Also, for the second time in a week I almost had a trainer pulled off my foot by the carpet as I tried to move away from the bar at Moshulu!