aberdeen-music

On being wasted

Bodast

Hey guys,

I just got home from a night in hospital from somehow overdrinking.. they asked me how old I was and I said I was 14, and then they asked when my birthday was and I said, "At the right time... it's at the right time." I spent the rest of my night talking about Juve to the Italian nurse and learning German declensions off my friend who stayed with me.

In short, I feel like a fucking idiot as this is what's meant to happen when you're 15 and then you learn your lesson and it never happens again (messed that one up, huh), but I also realise that this phenomenon can lead to funny scenarios. Tell me about yours!

I would feel like the biggest wanker alive if I had to go to hospital from drinking too much.

Correct.

I uh... went to make compensation as regards my life-tab/karma by applying today to volunteer at the hospital though. :O It may seem stupid but one of my stronger beliefs is to maintain peace within the self by giving back what you take.

In the mean time, thanks for your splendid array of stories! I found another good one in my archives:

"And I have been further told by a lady whom I highly honour and esteem, that near Bordeaux and about Castres where she lives, a country woman, a widow of chaste repute, perceiving in herself the first symptoms of breeding, innocently told her neighbours that if she had a husband she should think herself with child; but the causes of suspicion every day more and more increasing, and at last growing up to a manifest proof, the poor woman was reduced to the necessity of causing it to be proclaimed in her parish church, that whoever had done that deed and would frankly confess it, she did not only promise to forgive, but moreover to marry him, if he liked the motion; whereupon a young fellow that served her in the quality of a labourer, encouraged by this proclamation, declared that he had one holiday found her, having taken too much of the bottle, so fast asleep by the chimney and in so indecent a posture, that he could conveniently do his business without waking her; and they yet live together man and wife."

I woke up lying in someones lawn on Gt Western Road very early one morning....I was soaked to the skin.

I later guessed that I had sat down on their garden wall, fell asleep and leaned back falling backwards through their hedge which neatly closed behind me, I still shudder at the consequences if it had been mid winter and not late spring when this occured....

G...

I'm reading lots of "never agains" here, but the sad fact is that us blokes never really learn o_O

Example : Last year, I went along to my mate Stuart's (Stoney-Stu on here) leaving do at the Nazma Tandoori.

There, I was introduced to a guy that I knew by reputation as one of the best IT comms guys in the business, an incredibly intelligent, well -read and articulate man in his late 40's or early 50's called Dave.

Cut a long story short, Stuart emailed us all later the next day to say that after the curry and mucho booze, Dave had bought himself a steak pie supper on the way home.

He fell asleep in his living room chair and woke up in the morning with his feet in a bed of chips, a steak pie on his chest and his arse in a pool of his own pish :laughing:

Never learn :nono: