aberdeen-music

Les Paul Standard 50's neck desertburst for sale

Lame Guitarist

i am being quite ruthless this month and getting rid of a lot of stuff i dont use and bought just cos i liked the look!

decided not to sell my diezel as when it was revalved it sounded fab with the different valves i put in and that with the new roadking sounds f****n immense!

having a custom built live in casing system built for the both and getting a switching system for the pedals and amps. maybe like the ground control system.

also thinking of selling all my marshall 4x12s and going for boogie 2x12's

apparently they give you a better sound so worth a try.

i am being quite ruthless this month and getting rid of a lot of stuff i dont use and bought just cos i liked the look!

decided not to sell my diezel as when it was revalved it sounded fab with the different valves i put in and that with the new roadking sounds f****n immense!

having a custom built live in casing system built for the both and getting a switching system for the pedals and amps. maybe like the ground control system.

also thinking of selling all my marshall 4x12s and going for boogie 2x12's

apparently they give you a better sound so worth a try.

Yeah the Boogie cabs are way way thicker than the Marshall cabs. I noticed my ENGL standard 4x12 being way fuller sounding than my 1960A aswell :)

do you think the ENGL ones are better than boogie? What prices are they?

Haven't used the Boogie ones extensively (nor with my ENGL SE) to compare fully. All I noticed was they both shared the same sorta characteristics that put them ahead of the Marshall equivalent.

RRP for an ENGL 4x12 is ~600. Compared with the 995 of the Mesa 4x12, it's a good deal :)

Haven't used the Boogie ones extensively (nor with my ENGL SE) to compare fully. All I noticed was they both shared the same sorta characteristics that put them ahead of the Marshall equivalent.

RRP for an ENGL 4x12 is ~600. Compared with the 995 of the Mesa 4x12, it's a good deal :)

I'd second the vote of confidence on Engl's. I tried a Screamer head and 4x12, before plumping for a Scream 50w combo and both are superb.

Engl are amplification's best kept secret.

And in response to Graeme's earlier post - I have indeed bought a Tokai Love Rock, but will likely sell it again, because try as I may, I just can't get used to Les Pauls. I fucking love the cunts too - and this Tokia sounds absolutely fantastic.

Stratocaster, ya bass!!!!

And in response to Graeme's earlier post - I have indeed bought a Tokai Love Rock, but will likely sell it again, because try as I may, I just can't get used to Les Pauls. I fucking love the cunts too - and this Tokia sounds absolutely fantastic.

What is it that you can't get used to?

I'd second the vote of confidence on Engl's. I tried a Screamer head and 4x12, before plumping for a Scream 50w combo and both are superb.

Engl are amplification's best kept secret.

Stratocaster, ya bass!!!!

i aint used my strats for years now and starting to want a guitar with the Les Paul sound but also capable of nice crystal cleans and one that has a trem bar.

not really sure what to look at as i have always been a les paul and SG devotee but looked at the musicman petrucci which could be an option if it wasnt so overpriced. real nice versatile guitar apparently though

Yup, John Suhr designed the guitar while working for Rudi Pensa, the guitar's were called Pensa Suhrs. Then John Suhr set up on his own.

Yep - great guitars. I have a John Suhr Strat, which is the best guitar I've ever owned, playability-wise at least. The Tokai is possibly the best sounding guitar and perhaps I should persevere with it a bit longer.

To answer your earlier question - it's the scale length and general ergonomics (ooooh!) that are a problem for me and I've had waaaay too many years of being a bedroom guitarist and am only now, literally, getting off my arse.

I'm still getting used to playing upright - as Graeme will no doubt attest to, following some sub-par performances at Cpt Tom's - and changing from a Strat to a Lester takes me right out my comfort zone.

I appreciate this isn't getting LG any closer to shifting that Lester, but at least we're keeping the thread up there!

I'm still getting used to playing upright - as Graeme will no doubt attest to, following some sub-par performances at Cpt Tom's - and changing from a Strat to a Lester takes me right out my comfort zone.

I had never regarded guitar playing as an evolutionary thing but hey....you're up on your hind legs now, its a move in the right direction...:up:

As for comfort zones... I had never imagined I'd have to play with a couple of useless losers like you and yer acoustic lovin mate, but desperate times require desperate measures....suck it up son and bring the rock!!!

:popcorn:

the wood on that suhrs on the link is beautiful, i would be kekin myself with something like that at a gig in case it got damaged!!

Oddly enough, I was staring lovingly at on Sunday night - I left on Monday for 3 weeks in Africa - and even my missus can see the beauty in the wood.

I had never regarded guitar playing as an evolutionary thing but hey....you're up on your hind legs now, its a move in the right direction...:up:

As for comfort zones... I had never imagined I'd have to play with a couple of useless losers like you and yer acoustic lovin mate, but desperate times require desperate measures....suck it up son and bring the rock!!!

:popcorn:

You're the greatest, Graeme - and you say the nicest things :kiss:

Ps - a COUPLE of losers? does that mean our drummist is off the hook?

PPs - ah telt him aboot thae acoustics, but he wont listen :down:

You're the greatest, Graeme - and you say the nicest things :kiss:

subtlety and sensitivity were always my strong points...:finger:

Ps - a COUPLE of losers? does that mean our drummist is off the hook?

I thought that drummers always had to be the but of all band jokes till I met you two..:jester:

PPs - ah telt him aboot thae acoustics, but he wont listen :down:

Yes he seems to have a mind of his own, thats rare in a guitarist....o_O