aberdeen-music

6 Nations 2008

Teabags

Rugby League is a thousand times better.

I hate Union more than any sport on earth.

It's such a slow, dull game.

No. Slow, brainless and very boring. One break will inevitably lead to a try. Have you ever been to a game? There is more minks in attendance than any SPL game.

I'm just waiting for S14 to start, beacause quite frankly the standard of rugby in this 6 nations hums to high heaven. Even the form team, France, can't pull their finger out for an entire game. Clerc looks on form though, as does Heymans - who used to be quite slow and verging on chubby. I really like Malzieu for Clermont, although he scored a try last week for France his performance wasn't amazing... Talking about the french back three at length is a lot more exciting than talking about Scottish rugby.

There is no hope for the future either... did anybody see the pumping Wales U20 gave Scotland U20? I knew a few boys from there who seem very good players at club level but just couldn't produce when faced with good opposition. The problem with Scottish rugby is there is little or no development for younger players stemming fromthe SRU being a bunch of arseholes.

' date=' post: 447477"']

There is no hope for the future either... did anybody see the pumping Wales U20 gave Scotland U20? I knew a few boys from there who seem very good players at club level but just couldn't produce when faced with good opposition. The problem with Scottish rugby is there is little or no development for younger players stemming fromthe SRU being a bunch of arseholes.

Totally agree.

Every season sees a new initiative which does fuck all. When I played for Angus colts we were pushing for premier rugby(missed out to morgan for some politics shite) but these days( a mere 3 years later) they are absolute rubbish.This is mostly due to the fact that they were unable to get a coach in that period that was good enough.

I just think that this is the result of the professional age of rugby finally hitting scotland and we've not acted quick enough.

However I still enjoy playing "Pub Rugby" most saturdays for Montrose RFC.

Banter at the stadium was great despite the rubbish standard of play. Hangover at the airport on Sunday was terrible, but made much better by meeting some of the Scotland team who were getting one of the other flights back to Edinburgh.

When I asked them about the match they looked miserable as fuck, especially Paterson, he wisnae happy. Parks was surprisingly upbeat however despite the shocking aim of his kicks- I'm sorry, but does it really take a genius to say that your kicks should find touch rather than a gaggle of Wales players? Blarrrgh. Awesome meeting them though :)

I think parks is one of the best players in that team (is that not saying something?).He had a brilliant world cup. the fact that nearly every kick he has in open play half of the opposition are charging down on him is not his fault,he needs better support.

Whats happened to southwell?.He used to be brilliant,guessing rory getting a game ahead of him didnt do much for confidence

• 3 weeks later...
I once watched an ospreys game where he got a hat trick,I was shocked to say the least.But yes,gash for scotland

Walker's alright for the Ospreys,nothing special, he is a complete oaf though.

Rooting for Wales to get the grand slam. they deserve it.

Has anybody else noticed that Brian Moore is now at that level of bias that is actually entertaining?

The super 14, as forecasted, is vastly more entertaining than any international game in the last 2 or 3 years.

Got a ticket for 2moros game, yas min!

do you like the atmosphere in Murrayfield? i think it has gone severely downhill. saying that i haven't been in a year and a half.

any predictions on the score...? 30-12 (and notice 12 is a subdivision of 3)

for scotland's future i think having Webster at 13 was a step in the right direction. Stick Dewey in at 12 for that oaf Andrew Henderson then maybe Scotland will form some sort of attack. Walker needs a lot of space on the wing because he is clumsy and can't sidestep to save his life, but does have a bit of pace, Webster can do that for him.

since there isn't a rugby forum.... did anybody see quins vs. gloucester at the weekend? what a game... was excellent.

I honestly havnt been in like 4 years so couldnt comment, dont think am going to remeber much bout the game as am heading through on the train at 8

We will be lucky to even get a couple of tries but hope we can do well, dont think englands win v france was much to do with englands skill so much that france just didnt show up.

Your the only person av encountered that thinks webster at 13 is the way forward, maybe he is but we will see what happens 2moro.

btw huw just booked they died to young for end of may, yas!

yeah, really is an awful name, poor lad. the bbc scotland commentator made it worse by mistakenly calling him wrigglesworth, which was a shame, but amusing.

Today proved that England have been lucky ever since Ashton has been in charge, but there is no direction. The forwards are giving little to no go-forward and the backs... its not dire its just not effective. they have players that can win world cups, its really appauling.

Scotland have few players that are world class, but yet still managed to beat them.

yet to watch the Wales game... France Wales next week will be good though :D

Dave: ace!

Any one who doubts the atmosphere at Murrayfield should really have been there yesterday. It was absolutely electric. Those last 4 minutes were just terrifying, wouldn't have been so bad if we hadn't been within a converted try of points, but who cares, we won and we bloody deserved it.

Few of us hung around after for autographs, got pretty much the whole team & Frank Hadden, but was a bit disappointed that only Jonny Wilkinson bothered to sign programmes for people from England when asked, even one of the England fans got snubbed by most of them. Understand they lost, but if their fans still stayed out to see them & support them regardless it's a bit off. *shrug* smeh, not my team anyway.

Any one who doubts the atmosphere at Murrayfield should really have been there yesterday. It was absolutely electric. Those last 4 minutes were just terrifying, wouldn't have been so bad if we hadn't been within a converted try of points, but who cares, we won and we bloody deserved it.

yeah, i heard it on the telly. the crowd were loud. wonder what it'll be like when Scotland actually score tries... WOW!

i once played at murrayfield. and scored.

it was an under 15 cup final for my school a while ago.

saturdays atmosphere was almost, if not equally electric as that 5,000 strong crowd the day we lost to galashiels 22-17

but scotland, as always, too little too late.

resigned to head the same way as the football team in the next decade or so.

oh dear...

i once played at murrayfield. and scored.

it was an under 15 cup final for my school a while ago.

saturdays atmosphere was almost, if not equally electric as that 5,000 strong crowd the day we lost to galashiels 22-17

but scotland, as always, too little too late.

resigned to head the same way as the football team in the next decade or so.

oh dear...

not sure what you mean by that. scotland football team have been punching well above weight recently.