aberdeen-music

bonzo dog doo-dah band

Stripey

Guest Giles Walker

As if by magic i have a slightly more club friendly re edit of the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band's classic 'You Done My Brain In' posted on my blog right now.

Check it out

Dj Noize (DMC world dj champion) actually turned me onto this band back in 1999 or 2000 when he came into the Cavern to hunt for breaks. They have been sampled a few times.

.....as Apollo C Vermouth, I think....and, possibly the 'Canyons of your mind' single.....best duff guitar solo ever, by Neil Innes.

Aye that's the name he used but I thought he only did the production on their single I'm the Urban Spaceman. They also appeared in the club scene in Magical Mystery Tour.

I heard an interview with Innes and he was on about that solo and he was voted best guitarist in some mag for it...at least they had a sense of humour then.

Innes will be forever remembered for the brilliant Rutles - All You Need Is Cash...surely along with This Is Spinal Tap as the finest examples of rock piss takes.

But he also did some kiddies program in the 80s/90s with a stupid hat

• 3 weeks later...