aberdeen-music

stars at moshulu

herbert_dudley

did anyone happen to go see stars at moshulu? i saw them a few months ago in glasgow and what a difference the atmosphere is in aberdeen compared to there. aside from the first few rows who seemed to be genuiely interested, you could hear people chattering through almost every song, plus there were so many knobs just screaming in your ear (wasn't even anything worthwhile shouting, just random swearing and noise), in glasgow the crowd seemed to be appreciative that a really good band had come from Canada to play for them. I thought that all the coverage in the news on the North East recently about fighting and general asshole behaviour had been greatly exaggerated but having been out so many times recently it seems to be pretty true. the place has had a hell of alot more good bands up here in the last couple of years than it has in the last eight i've lived here before. boo to all the twats who try and spoil it (especially the asshole in the camoflauged jacket tonight, you can't camoflaugh the fact your a cunt)

did anyone happen to go see stars at moshulu? i saw them a few months ago in glasgow and what a difference the atmosphere is in aberdeen compared to there. aside from the first few rows who seemed to be genuiely interested, you could hear people chattering through almost every song, plus there were so many knobs just screaming in your ear (wasn't even anything worthwhile shouting, just random swearing and noise), in glasgow the crowd seemed to be appreciative that a really good band had come from Canada to play for them. I thought that all the coverage in the news on the North East recently about fighting and general asshole behaviour had been greatly exaggerated but having been out so many times recently it seems to be pretty true. the place has had a hell of alot more good bands up here in the last couple of years than it has in the last eight i've lived here before. boo to all the twats who try and spoil it (especially the asshole in the camoflauged jacket tonight, you can't camoflaugh the fact your a cunt)

Hopefully there was more than one person in a camouflage jacket tonight because i can't think what i was doing to be branded an asshole or a cunt :/

I agree that the chitter chatter over the bands was ridiculous but Stars were very enjoyable. I was happily standing to the rear on the dancefloor by a pillar enjoying myself with a cheeky Corona. :)

Apostle Of Hustle were a bit of a non-event in my opinion. Their first three or so songs were good but i grew bored of them quickly and ended up heading to the bar for a drink.

I thought Apostle Of Hustle were great. brilliant harmonies and excellent guitar.

they held my attention and interested me compared to Stars who, apart from a couple of songs, were pretty boring and totally insincere and thought we should listen to them since they came from Canada. So what?! they are on tour! they travel in a bus! Wooo hooooo. that is what touring acts do.

and if people want to pay 11 to get in and talk, thats up to them, maybe they are unable to be polite to those who want to listen but they paid like everyone else so im my opinion let them talk if the act cant hold their attention.....

the Canadian Deacon Blue! boring.

or something like this......

I didn't expect such assholes in the crowd at all tonight.

I'm a big fan of Stars, and was looking forward to the prospect of a busy gig filled with nice folk. For the most part, the crowd were alright, but I did have to get a few guys removed. They were just generally being loud at the bar for a start (by which I mean screaming "serve me, serve me!!!" at the top of their lungs every time one of the staff was near them) which annoyed me, so I had a word with them myself and they behaved for a bit. They then started to dick around and 'play fight', so I spoke to them again and told them the next person to speak to them would be 2 large members of security. I then caught someone in their group leaning over the bar and topping up his own pint. That was them all out. Another few people stood at the bar the whole time speaking to each other. They didn't even turn round for a second of the gig, they were just hanging out having a loud drunken talk. Argh. Some people just really annoy me.

I got a nice signed poster and setlist from Stars though, so that more than made up for it.

Oh, and they were ace.

was down in glasgow for the EITS gig, went to bloc afterwards and stars turned up. played in the open mic night and had a banter didn't seem too bothered about aberdeen gig although think they got a nasty reception from the liquid punters :s

oh yeh and with regards to the glasgow crowds, they aren't that special loads of talking thru the EITS gig, just as well that most of their stuff drowned out the cunts :)

was down in glasgow for the EITS gig, went to bloc afterwards and stars turned up. played in the open mic night and had a banter didn't seem too bothered about aberdeen gig although think they got a nasty reception from the liquid punters :s

oh yeh and with regards to the glasgow crowds, they aren't that special loads of talking thru the EITS gig, just as well that most of their stuff drowned out the cunts :)

Aye. Good times.

This same post gets dragged out after every gig. It's getting quite tedious. When I go to a gig I like to have a laugh and a chat with my mates, it's part of an enjoyable night out. I can't imagine how boring it would be at gigs if everyone just stood there morosely watching the band. We're not at fucking school, "don't talk during the bands or you'll get detention". I'm out having fun and that involves interaction with people.

This same post gets dragged out after every gig. It's getting quite tedious. When I go to a gig I like to have a laugh and a chat with my mates, it's part of an enjoyable night out. I can't imagine how boring it would be at gigs if everyone just stood there morosely watching the band. We're not at fucking school, "don't talk during the bands or you'll get detention". I'm out having fun and that involves interaction with people.

Sure, but if you can hear people talking OVER the bands (I don't mean hearing the person next to you but a sizeable noise), surely that's a problem?

It's strange that people feel comfortable with talking loudly over gigs when they wouldn't be doing the same at the cinema/theatre.

How would you like it if I sat behind you to the cinema and started screaming at my mate during the romantic bits? Facing the front and paying attention's for nazis and old ladies, and hey, I paid my 6 quid for a ticket, so I'm the cock of the fucking walk.

The gig goers were for the most part not at school, hence why they should have learned some god damned manners by this stage in their lives. When this eventually happens, this sort of post will indeed stop getting dragged out, I promise.

How would you like it if I sat behind you to the cinema and started screaming at my mate during the romantic bits? Facing the front and paying attention's for nazis and old ladies, and hey, I paid my 6 quid for a ticket, so I'm the cock of the fucking walk.

The gig goers were for the most part not at school, hence why they should have learned some god damned manners by this stage in their lives. When this eventually happens, this sort of post will indeed stop getting dragged out, I promise.

Yes, but generally people are dancing and jumping up and down in the cinema are they.

So let me get this straight, you'd prefer everybody to stand in silence facing the stage at a gig?

Wow. That would be fun. Have you ever thought about the getting tickets in the seated area?

Yes, but generally people are dancing and jumping up and down in the cinema are they.

So let me get this straight, you'd prefer everybody to stand in silence facing the stage at a gig?

Wow. That would be fun. Have you ever thought about the getting tickets in the seated area?

If you're jumping about during a quiet song, then you'd best check for mental retardation. Hell, if the people being disruptive were even fussed about the band, it'd be something.

I should probably point out that Stars aren't AECC rawk, and have this crazy idea of incorporating less noisy bits into their music. But hey, maybe it's the bands fault that they play quietly enough at times for their attentive audience to hear fucking morons scream abuse at each other 10 yards away.

For what it's worth I don't think Moshulu lends it's self to quiet attentive audiences. And I think anybody who pays money to go to a gig deserves to be able to listen to it and not the other way around. Go somewhere else and talk or at least talk between bands. And wrestle if you must between bands also.

If you're jumping about during a quiet song, then you'd best check for mental retardation. Hell, if the people being disruptive were even fussed about the band, it'd be something.

I should probably point out that Stars aren't AECC rawk, and have this crazy idea of incorporating less noisy bits into their music. But hey, maybe it's the bands fault that they play quietly enough at times for their attentive audience to hear fucking morons scream abuse at each other 10 yards away.

I would simply say people go to gigs for different reasons. People such as yourself like to pay close attention to the band. I like to hang about up the back having a pint and larking about. I don't think this gives me any less right to be at the gig. It's just part and parcel of going to a concert. Like I hate going to football matches when the people in front of me all leap to their feet any time it looks like anything is going to happen, meaning that I, perched leisurely on my 20 seat, am usually staring at the back of someone's jacket when a goal goes in. And yeah it gets on my tits, but no amount of complaining is going to change it. You've got to take the rough with the smooth sometimes, it's just something you have to deal with. Like having to avoid drunken chavs on a Friday night if you decide to go for a drink on Union Street, or having to listen to somebody's baby crying when you're trying to have a meal in a restaurant. It's annoying, but they have as much right to be there as you do.

I would simply say people go to gigs for different reasons. People such as yourself like to pay close attention to the band. I like to hang about up the back having a pint and larking about. I don't think this gives me any less right to be at the gig. It's just part and parcel of going to a concert. Like I hate going to football matches when the people in front of me all leap to their feet any time it looks like anything is going to happen, meaning that I, perched leisurely on my 20 seat, am usually staring at the back of someone's jacket when a goal goes in. And yeah it gets on my tits, but no amount of complaining is going to change it. You've got to take the rough with the smooth sometimes, it's just something you have to deal with. Like having to avoid drunken chavs on a Friday night if you decide to go for a drink on Union Street, or having to listen to somebody's baby crying when you're trying to have a meal in a restaurant. It's annoying, but they have as much right to be there as you do.

That all seems pretty reasonable. But some people seem happy to spend their money and not watch or listen to the band at all and I can't see the point in that!