aberdeen-music

driving tunes

shaun

N.E.R.D.'s Lapdance came on the radio tonight and my driving suddenly became

a bit brash and aggressive, good fun in a way but glad I don't normally drive that way.

Neil Young's mellower stuff, particularly Harvest, is good for getting you there in once piece on a long journey.

I once crashed a car from stationary into a wall listening Judas Priest's British Steel. Would like to say that subliminal satanist messages made me do it, but it was completely my own stupidity.

most people listen to music when they're driving, so what's everyone's favourite music to drive to?

at the moment, i'm big on:

the shins - wincing the night away

elvis costello - my aim is true

spinbad - fabric live

the whitest boy alive - dreams

Guest Tam o' Shantie

wu tang 36 chambers, raekwon only built 4 cuban linx, dj crates breaks em down (DJ premier), and go team! thunder lightning flash are all long term choices on my small mp3 player. DJ yoda sessions & mixtapes are long term tapes. best mix tape was done by shaun who may be able to post track listing for us all. Arab on radar is good driving music, i discovered this week . classic driving tapes that i associate with passing my test were blood brothers crimes, death from above 1979 you're a woman..., and a saves the day album that i can't remember. when i passed my test i first listened to a tape with 2 shins songs and weezer's pinkerton on it, with some smiths tracks at the end. very happy times!

Guest Steven Dedalus

"Ear Bleeding Country - The Best of Dinosaur Jr" was brilliant on the drive up to Inverness for Go High, many years ago.

But it got to a point where I never wanted to hear a guitar solo ever again.

Botch

DJ Shadow

Devil Sold His Soul

most RIFF stuff (early pelican, early ISIS etc) goes down a treat too. :)

you knows it, that and cheesy metalcore... Killswitch, Agony Scene, Bleeding Through and other equally keech bands that wouldn't be touched in any other situations (except ETiD). Devils Sold His Soul for night time most definately.