aberdeen-music

'No Country for Old Men'

diarmaid

I'm sure the Coen brothers cinametographic (is that a word?) genius will be translated well though a "pretty decent" shitty download wathced on a monitor/reduced quality TV.

Go to the cinema, you ba'bag!

It's a DVD rip & I'm away for work next week (was due to go yesterday originally) and needed stuff to watch. They've no cinemas where i'm headed, unfortunately.

Just back from seeing this and i really enjoyed it, the people in the cinema didn't seem to agree with me though, i heard a very loud "well, that was shit" from the back and someone else went "huh?" at the end. My friend thought it was awful, too long and nothing happened.

Don't know what they were on about, i had only 1 complaint (not film related) I had to go to the beach to see it, i hate the seats there, they are not comfortable at all, and for a 2 hour plus film comfy seats are needed

Just back from seeing this and i really enjoyed it, the people in the cinema didn't seem to agree with me though, i heard a very loud "well, that was shit" from the back and someone else went "huh?" at the end. My friend thought it was awful, too long and nothing happened.

Don't know what they were on about, i had only 1 complaint (not film related) I had to go to the beach to see it, i hate the seats there, they are not comfortable at all, and for a 2 hour plus film comfy seats are needed

Yeah, when i saw it, there were some people who didn't get it. and while i loved it, a lot of folk seemed baffled by the end. My girlfriend didn't enjoy it too much, but i wasn't suprised because she rarelely enjoys films i subject her to.

We went to the beach first but decided belmont might be better. Though still incredibly sore arse at the end of it.

They send out review copies and previews to critics and cinemas on DVD. You see a load of DVD rips online as a film hits cinema screens.

At this time of year its more to do with "screener" copies being sent out to people who are eligible to vote at award shows like the Oscars/Golden Globes etc, hence just about every new Oscar nominated movie being available for download.

And the ironic thing is the quality will be excellent, much better than, say, Sky.

To be honest its not really a bad thing. I'm sure i remember reading something ages ago about how Universal were going to consider doing it legally, so you could get it online at the same time as it was at the cinema. Not just these screening ones but for anyone.

To be honest, i probably would do it to if my computer didn't get scared and run away at the thought of any major downloads.

To be honest its not really a bad thing. I'm sure i remember reading something ages ago about how Universal were going to consider doing it legally, so you could get it online at the same time as it was at the cinema. Not just these screening ones but for anyone.

To be honest, i probably would do it to if my computer didn't get scared and run away at the thought of any major downloads.

Personally I think all this HD-DVD/Blu Ray stuff is a waste of time anyway, physical media is on the way out, even for HD. Downloads are definitley the way forward, whether legal or otherwise.

Nobody (or at least very very few) people seem to get or like the ending. It wasn't what i was expecting but i thought it was good. Bassically the idea that tommy lee jones (the old man) doesn't understand all the violence and can't keep up with it. 'No country for old men'. And yeah, sometimes in real life, the bad guys win.

Mild spoilers below.......

Nobody (or at least very very few) people seem to get or like the ending.

I liked it a lot, and thought the performances from all the main actors were great. Was a bit baffled by the ending, and some of the plot though. I haven't read the book, but have read another Cormac McCarthy novel, All The Pretty Horses, and it was similar to the film of 'No country for old men' in that the last couple of chapters were almost like an incidental epilogue rather than adding much to the overall narrative. A friend who has read the book of 'No country for old men' says the film is very true to it. That said i always reckon if you are going to make a film of a book, it should stand up without the viewer having to have read the source material.

Mild spoilers below.......

I liked it a lot, and thought the performances from all the main actors were great. Was a bit baffled by the ending, and some of the plot though. I haven't read the book, but have read another Cormac McCarthy novel, All The Pretty Horses, and it was similar to the film of 'No country for old men' in that the last couple of chapters were almost like an incidental epilogue rather than adding much to the overall narrative. A friend who has read the book of 'No country for old men' says the film is very true to it. That said i always reckon if you are going to make a film of a book, it should stand up without the viewer having to have read the source material.

That's what I found a big odd about the film. I thought it was good, although I expected it to be more stylisitcally striking.