aberdeen-music

no dogs allowed

Stripey

It doesn't take a genius to work out any of the plethora of reasons why someone, particularly female, wearing a lead in public like that could cause offense...

it's her choice though, surely? Ok, in the bigger scheme of things you can deem it sexist but it's her choice to be objectified in that way at the end of the day.

Personally, i couldn't give a shit if she was wearing a muzzle and had a sign saying "slap my arse" on her back - it's completely her choice if she wants to go through life looking like a cross between Dracula's daughter and the nodding head dog from the Churchill advert.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

true...

I'd just like to add that I hate grumpy, unhelpful, right wing bus drivers as much as I hate attention seeking, faux shocking, "nobody understands me" teens.

congratulations to Stripley for bringing a Daily Mail story to us.

He certainly knows how to get the best from all of us.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
But I'd still fuck her.

You've been hanging around this Kevin too long, she's a fucking bison.

The best comment left was "They wanted attention, they got it." Nail on head.

:up:

Guest Jake Wifebeater
So, what purpose did the bus driver gain by not allowing them to travel? Do you think he managed to strike a blow for feminists everywhere? Or was he just a twat?

He did the wrong thing by giving them the attention they were desperately craving. He should have just let them on and not raised an eyebrow. They wouldn't have liked that at all.

I'd have let her on for free, on the understanding that she sat on the floor so as not to occupy a seat to the exclusion of fare-paying passengers.

:up:

So, what purpose did the bus driver gain by not allowing them to travel? Do you think he managed to strike a blow for feminists everywhere? Or was he just a twat?

I didn't say the bus driver was right. If people dress in a moronic manner though, they shouldn't act all butthurt when it attracts that kind of attention.

why is britain such an uptight place to live?

People are born free,like animals, and should be allowed to pursue any means for survival they see fit(that obviously dont infringe on the majority).

If the government is goin to give them freebies complain to the government, dont hate the people who take advantage of the governments stupidity.

There are no radically different ways to live anymore(in britain) and now people expect everyone to be near carbon copies of the people around them to be accepted.

If you ask me that chick probably has more freedom than alot of 'normal' people who 'live to work' ,even with the leash on, thats probably why there are so many bitter soundin comments about this story on the Daily Mail site, people get pissed off that these 'freaks' didnt just do what they did and become another mindless slave being.

I just think that generally peoples perceptions seem to be blinkered beyond belief , and if the majority dont agree on it then its 'bullshit/blasphemous/lame'.

hmm reminds me of the religious oppression britain was subjected to a few hundred years ago, except now its not even religion, its media.

'Britains media - reinforcing blinkered views'

and no im not going to live anywhere else in the near future, before the inevitable 'if you dont like it here ,leave' comment.

I didn't say the bus driver was right. If people dress in a moronic manner though, they shouldn't act all butthurt when it attracts that kind of attention.
I can understand they migth get laughed at a bit, and maybe a few funny looks, but not allowing other people on your bus until the "freaks" get off is something I think they're fully entitled to get "butthurt" about.

I can understand they migth get laughed at a bit, and maybe a few funny looks, but not allowing other people on your bus until the "freaks" get off is something I think they're fully entitled to get "butthurt" about.

I didn't say the bus driver was right, but it is entirely their own fault.

People are born free,like animals, and should be allowed to pursue any means for survival they see fit(that obviously dont infringe on the majority).

If the government is goin to give them freebies complain to the government, dont hate the people who take advantage of the governments stupidity.

There are no radically different ways to live anymore(in britain) and now people expect everyone to be near carbon copies of the people around them to be accepted.

If you ask me that chick probably has more freedom than alot of 'normal' people who 'live to work' ,even with the leash on, thats probably why there are so many bitter soundin comments about this story on the Daily Mail site, people get pissed off that these 'freaks' didnt just do what they did and become another mindless slave being.

I just think that generally peoples perceptions seem to be blinkered beyond belief , and if the majority dont agree on it then its 'bullshit/blasphemous/lame'.

hmm reminds me of the religious oppression britain was subjected to a few hundred years ago, except now its not even religion, its media.

and no im not going to live anywhere else in the near future, before the inevitable 'if you dont like it here ,leave' comment.

Thomas Paine said that we are born with natural freedom to do whatever we want, but when we enter into a society we give up those freedoms and are given rights and responsibilities instead. One of the responsibilities is to respect the will of the majority. Here is why:

As I said above, we gave up our freedom for rights in this society. We are not free. If we think we are free then it is only because we have never tried to do anything truly subversive/controversial. Our 'freedoms' extends only as far as they are protected by rights, and in this country there is no constitution so our rights are whatever is enshrined in law (which is always subject to interpretation) and after that it is whatever the majority hold our rights to be. Note here the important point that our rights don't stop where another persons rights begin, but they stop wherever the hell the majority want them to.

Take for example assisted suicide: It doesn't affect society at large whether or not someone with a degenerative brain condition kills themselves or not. If they did kill themselves it wouldnt infringe on the rights of anyone else, but assisted suicide is still illegal. This is simply because the majority don't like the idea. They find it troubling, or they simply don't care about the suffering of someone else to put in the effort of reconsidering the current societal norms.

Also, new media by it's very nature is blinkered. Video/Audio/Text is an inherently one dimensional, depth first, process whereas events as they happen in real life are breadth first. No part of the world exists in a vacuum. All stories happen in context with a large variety of contributing factors, the media can not cover all of these. So of course the story doesn't get accurately portrayed. The media is not perfect by a long shot of course but in this country we have quite good access to information.

People should be held accountable for their prejudices, not the government.

All this said I think it's important I say that I completely support these two people in their awesome gothy stylings and leash wearing capers. I think a society where people expressed themselves through the way they dress would be awesome instead of just expressing "look at me i have a nike tshirt" or "i enjoy the music of <insert band here>". Right now I am wearing a t-shirt with a big greek letter pi on it (geeky, yay!).

Everyone is trying to be an attention whore, even people who dress 'normally'. That's why people will spend loads of money on clothes just because they have some logo on them. Those types of people are just harder to see in everyday life, because they are all attention whoring in the same direction and we call it a culture.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

When I read about these scandalous freaks living their lives away from the rest of us decent normal folks, trying to shake the system up with their outrageous attitudes, my monacle popped right out of my eye, and my bow tie spun round around round making a 'wheeeeeeeeeee!' noise

When I read about these scandalous freaks living their lives away from the rest of us decent normal folks, trying to shake the system up with their outrageous attitudes, my monacle popped right out of my eye, and my bow tie spun round around round making a 'wheeeeeeeeeee!' noise

Monacles are like pirate eye patches for distinguished gentlemen.

lol :laughing: i dont know if ur taking the piss but thats funny.

Thomas Paine said that we are born with natural freedom to do whatever we want, but when we enter into a society we give up those freedoms and are given rights and responsibilities instead. One of the responsibilities is to respect the will of the majority.

who the hell is Thomas Paine and why the fuck should i care what he says? and when did we 'enter' into society , i dont remember being given the choice of whether or not i wanted to 'enter' it and i dont think anybody did/does(except immigrants who obviously do want to enter our society, not because our country's amazing, just cuz its better than theirs )

Guest Steven Dedalus
lol :laughing: i dont know if ur taking the piss but thats funny.

who the hell is Thomas Paine and why the fuck should i care what he says? and when did we 'enter' into society , i dont remember being given the choice of whether or not i wanted to 'enter' it and i dont think anybody did/does(except immigrants who obviously do want to enter our society, not because our country's amazing, just cuz its better than theirs )

Ladies and gentlemen, this is a prime example of knowing when to keep yer mouth shut,

If you don't know what you're talking about, then don't say anything.

I learnt my lesson when I mouthed off about the relationship between golf and Scotland.

It ain't big and it ain't clever.

And remember: unreliable information and facts are only a click away thanks to wikipedia, so there really should be no excuse for:

"who the hell is [insert name or subject] and why the fuck should i care what he says?"

Thomas Paine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thomas Paine was an author and revolutionary during the french and american revolutions. He was the main contributing factor to american independence of great britain. In 'Common Sense' called for american independence when everyone else was just arguing for america to get recognition and higher status in the commonwealth. His pamphlets were incredibly popular and many people learned to read just so they could read this writings. He also had a major impact on the french revolution with his pamphlet 'Rights of Man'

For more information about him read the wikipedia article or find a book about him on amazon, there are plenty.

You should care about what he said because his theories and observations have become integral parts of many governments around the world and his observations on social contracts are still very relevant today.

And you do choose to enter into this society, simply by not leaving it. If you don't like this society, you can leave. So by staying you have implicitly chosen to be a part of it.

The driver was wrong.

As for the couple...well...the guy has "circulation problems" but is happy to pose for the obligatory "walking down the street pictures" or as Jake would say "the attention seeking pictures".

Not standing up for anyone really. I just think that there are more interesting things happening in the world these days.

Thomas Paine was an author and revolutionary during the french and american revolutions. He was the main contributing factor to american independence of great britain. In 'Common Sense' called for american independence when everyone else was just arguing for america to get recognition and higher status in the commonwealth. His pamphlets were incredibly popular and many people learned to read just so they could read this writings. He also had a major impact on the french revolution with his pamphlet 'Rights of Man'

For more information about him read the wikipedia article or find a book about him on amazon, there are plenty.

You should care about what he said because his theories and observations have become integral parts of many governments around the world and his observations on social contracts are still very relevant today.

And you do choose to enter into this society, simply by not leaving it. If you don't like this society, you can leave. So by staying you have implicitly chosen to be a part of it.

well ding dong day thats fascinating, im so glad that what one man said in the past has shaped so much of what the masses have to live with.........(also he called for american independence, what a country he's created there, all that shooting and killing might not have been possible had it not been for dear Thomas)

Name one government which isnt corrupt and then ill be glad that his theories and observations have become integral in our society.

Now about that saying we have a choice about which society we're in , thats bullshit, we're born here, so at what point can we actually make any sort of decision about that? when you reach adulthood, by which point youve already learned to function best in the society that surrounds you, and youve learned to put up with the constant soul destroying bullshit that is western capitalism.

and im not trying to be big or clever, i just have a point of view, and im not afraid of being wrong, see from saying what ive said before ive learned something i would never of learned if i hadnt said it. hasnt changed my opinion tho :up:

yeah and that guy (dani )has to be one of the wierdest lookin guys ever :laughing:

Now about that saying we have a choice about which society we're in , thats bullshit, we're born here, so at what point can we actually make any sort of decision about that? when you reach adulthood, by which point youve already learned to function best in the society that surrounds you, and youve learned to put up with the constant soul destroying bullshit that is western capitalism

You always have a choice, you can opt out of society at any point, unfortunately this means waiving the right to use the public transport system.

I notice you yourself haven't chosen to opt out, probably because the benefits of western capitalism to you as an individual far outweigh the apparent mental anguish it is causing you.

Anyone familiar with the 'Heimlich Maneuver' ?

Thank fuck my wife is, because I was eating my Oatabix when I read this comment from the Daily Malices' website and laughed so hard, that I started choking...

"I've seen them walking round town and yes they do look a couple of oddballs but it's each to their own. They paid their fares so what's the problem. They let yobs on buses and people smelling of urine, which to me is more offensive than a lass in a collar.

- Shair, Dewsbury"

...images of bus drivers using some olfactory vetting system sprung right into my head...*sniff*..."L'air Du Temps?, awright hen, on ye go, 3rd row from the back"..."Phew you stink o' stovies 'n piss y'aul cunt, get tae fuck!"

well ding dong day thats fascinating, im so glad that what one man said in the past has shaped so much of what the masses have to live with.........(also he called for american independence, what a country he's created there, all that shooting and killing might not have been possible had it not been for dear Thomas)

Name one government which isnt corrupt and then ill be glad that his theories and observations have become integral in our society.

Now about that saying we have a choice about which society we're in , thats bullshit, we're born here, so at what point can we actually make any sort of decision about that? when you reach adulthood, by which point youve already learned to function best in the society that surrounds you, and youve learned to put up with the constant soul destroying bullshit that is western capitalism.

and im not trying to be big or clever, i just have a point of view, and im not afraid of being wrong, see from saying what ive said before ive learned something i would never of learned if i hadnt said it. hasnt changed my opinion tho :up:

still, doesn't stop you from being the fine bastion of death metal that you are?

these corrupt governments that you personally go out to destroy, as you feel so strongly about. (not your responsibility? what can one man do?....yawn)

it's not stopped you going to [insert oppressed country here] and righting the wrongs of years of oppression from rich white countries...

etc etc.

eat a big mac and pipe down with your rubbish min.