aberdeen-music

does anyone else think reading books is shit?

JJ 10 Easy Wishes

So what? It's the bitchy moaning of a lazy arts student, which is ten times as tiresome as having the audacity to take people seriously.

Your thinking that the admission of reading books is a realistic claim to the title 'cultured' reflects present disdain towards it; how many people can't sit still for five minutes without the intervention of a 24 inch plasma screen, let alone raise their brain activity to anything above root consciousness. I'm pretty sure readers win in the long run though: if you don't have any knowledge of the past , how can you possibly hope to understand the future?

take this guy's advice, jj. put down the paints and pick up some books.

I can't believe how serious this forum is sometimes. Honestly this is the most obvious wind up I have ever seen but yet the majority of people on here are so keen to tell us all about how cultured they are that , without a moments hesitation, they get straight on their keyboards and show their indignation. Mental

You don't read a lot of books?! I don' even own a TV!

You think Led Zeppelin/The Beatles/The Rolling Stones are the best band ever? LOL It's obviously *insert obscure band here to look cool*

You go to liquid (3 or 4 times a year)? You fucking Ned!

You like sport!?! Fuck off you neanderthal!

It saddens me the low level of tolerance the majority of people on here have for anyone who doesn't agree with their views.

As a write this I am not under the influence of anything other than a severe lack of sleep.

oh yes:) I agree with You. I think some people are just bored and that's why they write such posts and enjoy making other people busy-just like me now:)

Out of all the replies i think that ?YOU! are the one who has taken it most seriously, seriously!

Seriously? I seriously don't think I took it seriously. I was not just referring to this thread, more this whole forum in general which recently appears to be disappearing up its own arse. I'm being super cereal (lazy south park reference).

I meant what the post title read, the Onion's word is law, if the concept of law were the same as 'affa funny', I just can't be arsed quoting things usually. Then I thought, I shouldn't have risen to this, books are ace, thats obvious, this guy must be bored and after a noise up, and we have given him one, Dagnabbit.

Guest Neutral
Seriously? I seriously don't think I took it seriously. I was not just referring to this thread, more this whole forum in general which recently appears to be disappearing up its own arse. I'm being super cereal (lazy south park reference).

Seriously! I Seriously do think that you should seriously consider that you took it far too seriously to be taken seriously ;)

With everything else I agree this website is nothing compared to how it was

Bearing in mind your conception of 'disappearing up its own arse' appears to be 'reading'.

Did you even read my posts? I clearly said I'm not just referring to this thread and gave a few examples of how a lot of people on here are pretentious assholes.

I give up. Now I've taken this thread seriously and it was a wind up in the first place.

What have I become?

What about eating a shit whilst having a shit and being shat on? Thats pretty shitty.

Wow guys LOL, I love the new direction of the website LOL. 'Eating a shit' LOL. It's funny, say it again please LOL.

If you bothered your ass into reading Wilde you could back yourself up with a quote like this:

"The value of an idea has nothing whatever to do with the sincerity of the man who expresses it"

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Using the same logic I can only assume some of you spend entire days flapping around in your own filth and trying to make fires with small stones.

You sound like Adrian Mole, dude...

"Nay, 'tis you who is wearing odd socks"