aberdeen-music

does anyone else think reading books is shit?

JJ 10 Easy Wishes

Most of the stuff I've had to read for uni has had at least some small reason that I am glad to have read it, plus I've found loads of authors I never would have thought to read otherwise (like Rabelais, who I thought was some rubbish physicist, but he's actually really funny). So I guess it's increased my enthusiasm for reading in principle, but in practice it hasn't because I never have any time or motivation to read anything besides my set texts (like Rabelais.. the thing is, I heard in a lecture that he's really funny. But I haven't actually read any yet. It's more of a concept).

I prefer reading to films usually though because books leave more to the imagination.

i will be an english literature student until wednesday at which point i become a full blown film student

which i think is exciting and fun but probably not as widely appreciated as having read a bunch of books by dead people

how did you end up an english student if you think reading is shit? o_O

Guest Steven Dedalus
with the exception of non-fiction when you have NOTHING else to do i.e on a plane, or when chilling out on holiday or something

especially when you are revising

This is the worst comment I have ever read in this website.

I can't believe how serious this forum is sometimes. Honestly this is the most obvious wind up I have ever seen but yet the majority of people on here are so keen to tell us all about how cultured they are that , without a moments hesitation, they get straight on their keyboards and show their indignation. Mental

You don't read a lot of books?! I don' even own a TV!

You think Led Zeppelin/The Beatles/The Rolling Stones are the best band ever? LOL It's obviously *insert obscure band here to look cool*

You go to liquid (3 or 4 times a year)? You fucking Ned!

You like sport!?! Fuck off you neanderthal!

It saddens me the low level of tolerance the majority of people on here have for anyone who doesn't agree with their views.

As a write this I am not under the influence of anything other than a severe lack of sleep.

Guest Neutral
I can't believe how serious this forum is sometimes. Honestly this is the most obvious wind up I have ever seen but yet the majority of people on here are so keen to tell us all about how cultured they are that , without a moments hesitation, they get straight on their keyboards and show their indignation. Mental

You don't read a lot of books?! I don' even own a TV!

You think Led Zeppelin/The Beatles/The Rolling Stones are the best band ever? LOL It's obviously *insert obscure band here to look cool*

You go to liquid (3 or 4 times a year)? You fucking Ned!

You like sport!?! Fuck off you neanderthal!

It saddens me the low level of tolerance the majority of people on here have for anyone who doesn't agree with their views.

As a write this I am not under the influence of anything other than a severe lack of sleep.

Out of all the replies i think that ?YOU! are the one who has taken it most seriously, seriously!

Oxfam Bookshop mfa

So what? It's the bitchy moaning of a lazy arts student, which is ten times as tiresome as having the audacity to take people seriously.

Your thinking that the admission of reading books is a realistic claim to the title 'cultured' reflects present disdain towards it; how many people can't sit still for five minutes without the intervention of a 24 inch plasma screen, let alone raise their brain activity to anything above root consciousness. I'm pretty sure readers win in the long run though: if you don't have any knowledge of the past , how can you possibly hope to understand the future?