aberdeen-music

Singstar

Intravenous

me and my flat mate (also in 10 easy wishes) regularly get pissed and end up playing this. i get annoyed when its easier to win if you don't so much 'sing' as just talk in tune or do it falsetto. you don't get extra points for singing spectacularly well.......................then again that might be because neither of us is spectacular at singing

i get annoyed when its easier to win if you don't so much 'sing' as just talk in tune or do it falsetto.

This is the truth. Only time I've played was at someone's flat after a night out. I tried getting into the spirit of the game and actually tried singing my songs (badly), everyone else scooped up win after win by murmering into the mic perfectly in tune. It was an efficient, winning technique but hardly the way the game was intended to be played. Bastards.

Bizarrely the only song I managed perfectly was Personal Jesus by Depeche Mode. Must be in my "range" or something.

Drachirv1 and me used to play it at work. Me who's been singing in various bands and stuff for years and him who'd never picked up a mic before in his life. I warbled, wavered and generally vocally gymnasted my way all over the songs, while he just put the mic next to his throat and made a sort of guttural honking noise, but in tune. He beat me at every song.